• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watches for around ~$500?

cruxisfalcon

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I don't really know anything about watches but I'm looking for something that would work in a business environment. I'd be wearing a suit most days, but it's not really a stuffy, overly formal environment. I found these that I liked (in terms of appearance), but I can't tell anything for quality. Do you guys have any other suggestions?

JTA

Reaction score
These Hamilton will be likely to be above your budget. Not sure on the HB however I will be inclined to avoid fashion watches and I will suggest you to look on the poor man's watch thread.

Nevertheless with that budget I would consider Seiko, Sea Gull, vintage Omega or Longines.

JBG89

Reaction score
I picked this one up when i had your question a year ago (Second Hand)

Would definitely go Hamilton over Hugo Boss though

Stowa Marine Automatic

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/t/167347/first-watch-500-budget

Watches in the $500 range are pretty similar in quality. If it's a dress watch you need, ensure you pick a simple looking dial and that it is small/thin enough to fit under your shirt and jacket. So depending on your wrist size likely 40mm or smaller and under 11mm thick.

I like the Hamilton you posted, especially if you want to wear it casually as well. They have many decent watches in this price range.

Last edited:

Garasaki

Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of a vintage watch from ebay - you can find some pretty classy looking stuff for 300 and below.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads