• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wassup Smediums. Looking for a t-shirt.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ for real. I'm now wearing an AA sz medium v neck from almost two years ago before the cuts went to ****. I miss the old AA :-(

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
Yeah, I made the mistake of buying an Acne brute shirt in size small. The other Acne shirts, at least according to Oak, fit true to size. But the Brute seems geared to a tighter leave-nothing-to-the-imagination fit that hardly works for skinny squirts like me. Fabric was delightful though.

Yoko D, peace be upon them, cut a great t whose fabric was a noticeable step up from the AA variety. Size small was basically smedium. Too bad they couldn't let go of their graphic tees-- my plain black "shoulder button tee" is sweet.

The one v-neck I own from B Son is probably my favorite tee ever, which is why I prefer to leave it in the drawer and idolize it rather than use it for its intended purpose. It's a slouchily cut size small, which after one wash leaves just the right amount of drape to flatter my frame. And the 50% modal fabric has sent me on a rabid hunt for everything made of modal. It's sick.

Was it the brute v or crewneck? The v is a good slim fit on me, but the fit of the crew basically reminded me of an underarmour compression shirt.
I generally like acne but they seema little inconsistent with their sizing.. i think it's that when they design something to be slim they make it super-slim and when they design something to be relaxed they make it almost oversized.

I would have liked to try a yoko d t-shirt from their recent online sale because people have said good things about the fit/material but i thought all the graphics were pretty bad. I wish they made more plain t's.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
twas the crewneck.

I did pick up the grey/off-white rugby stripe shirt from the Yoko sale-- it was the most subtle of the offerings, even though I have never in my life sported rugby stripes. In a few days I get to see how this turns out...

Johnny Sneakers

Reaction score
There's an AA store a few blocks from my house so I went and tried on all the t's (except baby rib, they didn't have that). I'm a measured 38 chest and usually smalls are too tight but I found the small 50/50 tee to fit like a shorter medium 'perfect t' and was my favorite fit. (the length on t's that fit me in the chest but don't billow is my main problem)The girly t in xl was the next best, but the super short sleeves aren't the style I'm going for. The Tri-blend had a weird deep scoop neck and very short sleeves again.

I'll probably get a bunch of 50/50's in colors and some girlys in white to use as undershirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads