1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Walt Mossberg Raves About the iPad

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Artisan Fan, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

that single store has more than 250mm in sales every year...isn't that amazing? people are impressed with apple tech and i just find their retail operations to be brilliant.

Amazing number..Judging from my customer experience their retail operation is very well run.

2. oman

oman Senior member

Anyone need a Kindle? [​IMG]

maybe. what kind do you have?

3. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

^^^

Just sold mine locally. Three folks got into a little bidding war for it and my wife got back almost what she paid for it. As such, not sure the iPad will be the Kindle killer it's supposed to be. I'm sure the Kindle will have a price drop end of Q3 ($199, probably). Hope my wife likes the long term with the iPad's LED screen for reading. She tried the iPad for twenty minutes and wanted one.

4. bkk

bkk Senior member

How much is the iPad's screen like the Macbook's reflective screen? If its even remotely similar, I'll keep my Kindle for outdoor reading. On the other hand, I may need an iPad solely for the purpose of using the F1 app.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

that single store has more than 250mm in sales every year...isn't that amazing? people are impressed with apple tech and i just find their retail operations to be brilliant.

That's insane considering the Saks 5th Ave. flagship pulls a little over twice that amount, and it's a massive store with very high-end products.

6. epb

epb Senior member

How much is the iPad's screen like the Macbook's reflective screen? If its even remotely similar, I'll keep my Kindle for outdoor reading. On the other hand, I may need an iPad solely for the purpose of using the F1 app.

This is my first Apple product so I can't compare; the couple of times I've read on it outside didn't seem too bad for a backlit display. If all I was ever going to do was read with it, I'd go with a Kindle though. I think the iPad is a nice compromise machine, but it's master of no one area.

Need For Speed: Shift is pretty fun on it, though I was disappointed to discover the Z4 M Coupe isn't in the iPad version. Would have fun to drive a computer version of my own car, especially since one of the tracks is Chicago. [​IMG]

7. MarcInDentonTx

MarcInDentonTx Senior member

Kindle is gone. My niece claimed it. Better than buying her a car...