Walt Mossberg Raves About the iPad

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Artisan Fan, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...NewsCollection

Quite a glowing review. Tokyo Slim is going to be pissed. [​IMG]

2. Jumbie

Jumbie Senior member

Not really. Walt Mossberg loves all things Apple. I would expect no less from him.

It could be a stone with the Apple logo on it and he'd still rave about how great it is.

3. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Senior member

How can you pay that much for something that doesn't let you listen to music while browsing the web - two of the most important things any device like that should be able to do properly.

4. Jumbie

Jumbie Senior member

You can do that on the iPhone (and I assume iPod Touch) so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to on the iPad.

Where are you getting this information from?

What you can't do is use a 3rd party program such as Pandora to do this rather than the built-in player. Unless you jailbreak and use backgrounder, that is.

5. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

How can you pay that much for something that doesn't let you listen to music while browsing the web - two of the most important things any device like that should be able to do properly.

Wrong.

6. Artisan Fan

Not really. Walt Mossberg loves all things Apple. I would expect no less from him. It could be a stone with the Apple logo on it and he'd still rave about how great it is.
    He does like Apple but he has been lukewarm on several of their products. The claim he makes here is that this is a sea change in computing. That's a pretty good amount of praise. I think what some miss here is the ability for "interactive marketing" through surveys, videos, targeted content, etc. Apple has effectively, like the iPhone, created a platform for consumer sales and data collection. And best of all they own the platform and can lease out space to advertisers and a whole variety of companies.

7. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

It is dead to me until it can play flash movies from xvideos while I am in the bathroom.

8. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

It is dead to me until it can play flash movies from xvideos while I am in the bathroom.

do you typically wait until after you void your bowels to make happy time or do you go in with happy time first and then take care of your bathroom business?

9. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Always void the bowels first. Work before pleasure.

10. fredfred

fredfred Senior member

In a very humorous coincidence, it is end-of-quarter at Dell computer. I just received a "Name your Price" special email for laptop/notebook computers.

11. Artisan Fan

In a very humorous coincidence, it is end-of-quarter at Dell computer. I just received a "Name your Price" special email for laptop/notebook computers.

That is funny. Apple's innovation largely prevents them from competing on price but this device is quite affordable.

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Not really. Walt Mossberg loves all things Apple. I would expect no less from him.

He is a fanboy. I don't begrudge him an opinion, but it's wrong.

He does like Apple but he has been lukewarm on several of their products.

This is like claiming that Hososso is lukewarm on some whales. Or that you are somewhat critical of Ronald Reagan. Or that Magician is occasionally antisemitic. I'm sure that there are exceptions to the rule, but he's so biased in his opinion that even when he's trying to do something like praise Windows 7 - he spouts inane Apple garbage in OSX's defense.

13. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Always void the bowels first. Work before pleasure.

You make it sound like a good voiding isn't pleasure. Quite a few folks would probably beg to differ.

14. Artisan Fan

This is like claiming that Hososso is lukewarm on some whales. Or that you are somewhat critical of Ronald Reagan. Or that Magician is occasionally antisemitic. I'm sure that there are exceptions to the rule, but he's so biased in his opinion that even when he's trying to do something like praise Windows 7 - he spouts inane Apple garbage in OSX's defense.

You really have some issues about Apple don't you? [​IMG]

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

You really have some issues about Apple don't you? [​IMG]

You really have some issues with Climate Change, don't you? [​IMG]