• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VOTE NOW! Poll: If you could buy clothing made only in one country, and its brands, what country wou

VOTE NOW! Poll: If you could buy clothing made only in one country, and its local brands, what count

• Switzerland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • France

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Germany

• Spain

• Austria

• United States

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • China

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • United Kingdom

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Others

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USA, just for the sheer variety. It's a giant country with lots of different styles available, and there's everything from top end tailoring to jeans to experimental ceramic tile kilts. Other countries may do particular styles or items much better then you can find here, but for somebody like me who likes a huge range of stuff, that isn't enough. We are talking about a whole wardrobe here.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not even The Netherlands in the poll? But i would go for the US. Just because of the fact the that the have the most brands that i like to wear.
Ralph lauren
Tommy Hilfigher
Hugo Boss

Last edited:

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say United Kingdom, for the tailoring & shoes. But, I would hate to miss out on all the rest of the world has to offer.

This is really a stupid thread, because one of the great joys in life is traveling to Italy and bringing back some local shoes, shirts, ties, a bit of local booze, some pasta, and maybe placing an order for a suit, etc. We all have access to travel, and when we can't be traveling there are trunkshows that come to us, and the of course the internet (or telephone, if necessary).

I've always hated ranking, and generalisations...

Last edited:

E TF

Reaction score
Thinking about it just now, I realised that maybe two-thirds of my wardrobe is made in the UK; that probably rises to 90% for the more formal stuff. All my suits and dress shirts are made here, and all my shoes bar a couple of pairs of trainers - I even have various jeans in denim and canvas that were made here. I don't think it would much of a sacrifice in terms of style to have a wardrobe entirely UK-made, though it might cost a bit more.

jeromestyle

Reaction score

This is really a stupid thread, because one of the great joys in life is traveling to Italy and bringing back some local shoes, shirts, ties, a bit of local booze, some pasta, and maybe placing an order for a suit, etc. We all have access to travel, and when we can't be traveling there are trunkshows that come to us, and the of course the internet (or telephone, if necessary).

I've always hated ranking, and generalisations...

it´s not about generalisations, is to see what is really important to each member, not a ranking either.

frivmo

Reaction score
Italy does it for me. In fact my wardrobe is 90% Isaia as it is. However, I'd hate to give up British shoes.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
China. Life is so much easier since 90% of stuff is from China anyway.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
China. Because that's pretty much all that is available to me, and it's the country I live in.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not even The Netherlands in the poll? But i would go for the US. Just because of the fact the that the have the most brands that i like to wear.
Ralph Lauren

Are you sure you don't mean China?

Lifshitz the outsourcer.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

after casting your vote you might explain why.

Thank you for allowing me to post in your thread, because without your express permission, I would not be able to post this:

I chose USA, because I love Ralph Lauren.

Are you sure you don't mean China?

Lifshitz the outsourcer.

Pretty sure not EVERYTHING RL is made in China. Sure as hell most of the items I own from RL are not. Two Suits from USA, One from Italy, One Blazer from Macau...A shirt from Sri Lanka, One from Pakistan, Pants from China, Polo Shirt from Peru, another from Taiwan...

I'd say it is pretty diverse man.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads