• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Buyee. Used it once already and worked fine. Only issue was the packaging was definitely poorer in effort than Zenmarket and you can't mark down parcel values. However you can mark the parcel as a gift so I haven't been stung on customs thus far.
Buyee is the proxy service I use all the time. The deals you can get on Mercari outweigh the slightly higher service fees and inability to mark down package values for customs. They do offer additional protective packaging for a fee if that's an issue for you.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Buyee the only ones that can buy from Mercari? How about From Japan? Any other?

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Buyee the only ones that can buy from Mercari? How about From Japan? Any other?
There may be others but buyee has the biggest presence. They also do have good offers on for introductory purchases. I got free delivery on my first order so managed to save £20 on Fedex.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There may be others but buyee has the biggest presence. They also do have good offers on for introductory purchases. I got free delivery on my first order so managed to save £20 on Fedex.

That's nice, but unfortunately the inabillity to mark down stuff kills it for me...

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's nice, but unfortunately the inabillity to mark down stuff kills it for me...
As I say, marking as a gift may work. I got some Lama sandals that were £120 and they were marked as a gift. No fees.

I have a stamped Jumbo hoodie coming tomorrow so will let you know what happens.

Unless you find an individual who will do it for you, it's your only option really I'm afraid.

Emixam

Reaction score
FInally went with size 3 with the 101xx and don't regret at all
DSC_0244~2.JPG

DSC_0251~2.JPG

I would still love to try on size 4 if I could, that would work well for winter layering.

Last edited:

makkins

Reaction score
Hey guys - new here but been following this thread for years. Hoping I could get a legit check on these Virgils and start getting involved.

Looks like 2015 KNGRs....looks good to me except the inner tongue label.....I've only seen it with the hand painted hat symbol for 2015 models, and head dress on the outside. This one has a V print on the inside (in a mushroom or arrowhead?).

Anyone know/seen this before? Seller doesn't have box/tags/bag. Virgil 4.jpeg Virgil 2.jpeg Virgil 1.jpeg Virgil 3.jpeg Virgil 7.jpeg

pastrystar23

Reaction score

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Hey guys - new here but been following this thread for years. Hoping I could get a legit check on these Virgils and start getting involved.

Looks like 2015 KNGRs....looks good to me except the inner tongue label.....I've only seen it with the hand painted hat symbol for 2015 models, and head dress on the outside. This one has a V print on the inside (in a mushroom or arrowhead?).

Anyone know/seen this before? Seller doesn't have box/tags/bag. View attachment 1607256 View attachment 1607257 View attachment 1607258 View attachment 1607261 View attachment 1607262
I'm going to say real. that's definitely kangaroo, toe welting is also correct. V spade tongue label is correct.

yxn9

Reaction score

pastrystar23

Reaction score
20210510_175043.jpg

Dog Walking Outfit #36

Porcella Hi Alu-Folk (2013)
Slacks Shorts (2014)
Ingall Shirt IT (2012)
Sanjuro Gi Peerless (Luxsic) (2016)
Excelsior Cap (Chino) (2018)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads