• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

_Taisho

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t fault the brand for items selling out or prioritizing frequent customers.

My issue is each store has limited merchandise because Visvim’s inventory is fragmented across multiple stores, which are located in redundant or random places.

For example, they have a store in Kyoto and Nagoya, which are only ~20 minutes apart by bullet train. There’s also stores in small towns like Kanazawa, Santa Fe, or Carmel. And again, there are six stores in Tokyo, all within ~30 minutes of one another.

Instead of having numerous stores with sparse inventory, why not have a few stores with a holistic representation of the brand and a great in-store shopping experience?
Numbers of stores isn’t the issue here. Matter of fact they strategically release items thru multiple store to disperse the crowd.
If they produce enough items or no one buys vis anymore, then the great instore shopping experience will come true

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t fault the brand for items selling out or prioritizing frequent customers.

My issue is each store has limited merchandise because Visvim’s inventory is fragmented across multiple stores, which are located in redundant or random places.

For example, they have a store in Kyoto and Nagoya, which are only ~20 minutes apart by bullet train. There’s also stores in small towns like Kanazawa, Santa Fe, or Carmel. And again, there are six stores in Tokyo, all within ~30 minutes of one another.

Instead of having numerous stores with sparse inventory, why not have a few stores with a holistic representation of the brand and a great in-store shopping experience?
Not all retail units for brands I guess are there to actually sell products; they help with the wider holistic image of the brand.

Carmel and Santa Fe are good examples. Never been to the latter but have the former and can 100% see why Hiroki likes it as it suits the Big Sur-esque image he has pushed with the Openwheelers and Friends content.

If you go to a store like Dover Street Market here in London, it's in Haymarket which doesn't have any real shopping precinct, but the building is the old HQ for Burberry and its dimensions and aesthetics suit the store being there.

Iron Heart, which I was at a few weeks ago, is in a town opposite Portsmouth which really has nothing there going on at all. The guy who started importing it lived there, hence the connection, but the units they use are the old Navy warehouses from the 18th Century.

Blancpain

Reaction score
Do you guys have any place other than yahoo Japan, Mercari, and G---led to search for past season pieces?

Trying to find an authentic non-herringbone Veterans pants crash size 2 but DMC and other resellers leave up old listings which have sold, making it frustrating. Also has anyone had these and have any thoughts?

IMG_5311.jpeg

Last edited:

Blancpain

Reaction score
I think they only made crash with the HBT fabric. The cotton/nylon was SS19 mainline.

I was looking at this pair but they already sold. Looks like non herringbone kofu patched which is usually ICT but it's mainline. Seems legit from what I can tell?

IMG_5318.jpeg IMG_5319.jpeg IMG_5320.jpeg IMG_5317.jpeg

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Popped by my local and picked up a crash hoodie and a raw 101xx.. prewashed the 101 and I can't believe how inky the denim is it's unreal!!

Watty

Reaction score
Anyone know all of what sellers can do on Yahoo Japan in terms of modifying the auction(s)?

I didn't necessarily expect to win for the price I'd bid, but I've been following this one seller's listing twice now. First time I was the high bidder up until the last 10 minutes. Seems like they bid me up on a different account for find out what my top bid was, thought it was too low, removed all their bids, and then removed my bid right before the auction closed.

Second time, they did the same thing with a twist. Three minutes before the end of the auction....they extended it by another three minutes. I was going to place a last second bid for more than my original top bid just to see if they'd have enough time to cancel it, but seems they then (again) removed all bids and ended the auction early.

I figure not every seller is going to pull these kinds of things, but if they can even remove a winning bid after the fact, for example, seems like getting a good on a piece deal is going to be completely dependent on the goodwill of the seller to follow the auction result rather than any policy "enforced" by the site. Not to mention I don't see a way to leave feedback for that behavior even if I wanted to bother translating it.

Like I said, I didn't really expect to snag the item for the price I'd entered, but the principle of how the site works is a bit odd to me.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sbone

Reaction score
I'm curious - which specific jackets that are compatible with Iris liners?
I've noticed that some six-fives have internal buttons - I assume this is their purpose. Are there others?
Is the fitment universal across seasons/skus?
Do the liner and the jacket need to be the same size or is the button spacing consistent?

_Taisho

Reaction score
as far as I know only the six five is compatible with iris and no they don’t need to be the same size.

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
What are you guys thoughts on Visvim using more irregular (scarred, veined, etc). leathers for their shoes now? They definitely add some character/visual interest and I actually kind of like it but technically isn't it lower grade in terms of leather?

Blancpain

Reaction score
Cool combo I thought:
Knit Beanie (Yak Wool)
Copleston Field Parka 3L Dmgd
Rawly Vest

IMG_5645.jpeg

What are you guys thoughts on Visvim using more irregular (scarred, veined, etc). leathers for their shoes now?

Seems kinda similar to stuff like the ICT mud dyed boots. Technically a shoe that has been soaked in mud and has mold and holes has compromised quality, but it's a cool visual result. I do agree that using the ballsack leather on almost everything is getting a bit much and it would be nice to see something new.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try on the Bickle Vest? Keen to know the fit of the non shearling version and possibly if I need a 4 or a 5. I'm a 4 in Amplus/Jumbo and 3 in Lumber's and would likely layer it with a hoodie/sweat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads