• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norigim

Reaction score
btw got to try on new jumbo sb crash stuff; usually a size 4 in it and size 3 fit perfectly in these new pieces. They must be updating cuts.
It's also hard to compare between different fabric treatments. I think some of the new ones have 5% nylon instead of 100% cotton. I also find the "crash" or "dmgd" treatments to be a little looser cause they've gone through more processing.

norigim

Reaction score
Ah cool. Any specific reason? Besides Im sure having a great resource there that does it.
Don't know for sure but I'm sure it's a mix of availability, geolocation, quality, and money. I'm not sure if their good year welted shoes were ever made in Japan, but they've been made in China since at least 2014, from what I assume, is the same factory/manufacturer.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC hiroki had mentioned there are few factories in the world that will do handsewn good year welt, and this factory in southern China was willing to do it at scale

philkim

Reaction score
Hi, I've been wearing visvim 01 mud over dyed jeans since the release.
But I can't really find big uniqueness different from regular raw denim.. Does anybody have different results? (perhaps brownish hue)

StoneyIce

Reaction score
Hi, I've been wearing visvim 01 mud over dyed jeans since the release.
But I can't really find big uniqueness different from regular raw denim.. Does anybody have different results? (perhaps brownish hue)
I found them to be more slubby/hairy. Haven’t worn them enough to wash them so I don’t know how they fade. Can you post pics of yours? Curious how the fading has been going.

visveem

Reaction score
Hey guys – I'm looking to pick up a Kerchief Down. Any tips on sizing? This would be my first.

I went with a 4 in the most recent Thorson because it is cropped. And I am typically a 4 in Jumbo Tees and Amplus SB hoodies.

grs

Reaction score
Hey guys – I'm looking to pick up a Kerchief Down. Any tips on sizing? This would be my first.

I went with a 4 in the most recent Thorson because it is cropped. And I am typically a 4 in Jumbo Tees and Amplus SB hoodies.
I would try a 3 out. That is what I wear and sounds like we are similar size wise

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
yeh agreed go for a 3 if it’s the new cut (think the cut changed in 2021)

For reference I usually wear a 5 in Visvim and got my kerchief in a 3. It fits me fine but I think a 4 would have been best. So a 3 id say is safest bet

IMG_5046.jpeg

norigim

Reaction score
I have tts and size down on kerchiefs. I actually like the oversized look I’m TTS but I’d you want it to fit more like a traditional shirt jacket, you should size down 1

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52