Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

2. MangoHiChew

MangoHiChew Member

Hey guys, relatively new to SF. Been lurking for a while but never really posted so please excuse me if I'm not up to SF etiquette (I tried my best to read up on appropriate posting).

That said, I've gone through this thread with a pretty fine toothed comb and I'm still debating about what size I would take in suede virgils.

For reference, I've currently got a 9.5 in the Amdo Folks from, I think, 2014. Fit me fine with a store bought athletic gel insole and my orthopedic carbon-ceramic half insert (I have flat feet and these help with arch support). I have a 9 in a pair of two-toned FBTs from the early 2000's (not sure of the exact year) and they fit me pretty much the same as the Amdo's do. I also wear a 9.5 in Nikes (Jordan 1's, flyknits, etc.) 9 in Converse and Vans, and 42 in CP's. Most of these shoes are about a half size to a hair too long but fit me great width wise. Shoe width is what my podiatrist has stressed I should be concerned with.

Most people are saying that you should either size down a half size or take TTS from what I assume is brannock sizing. My concern with going down a half size (8.5) or staying TTS(9) is that they'll be too narrow which is why I'm considering sizing up a half size (9.5.

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

3. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

buy your vans size !

4. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I take a 10.5 in Nikes and am comfortable in my 10 Virgils. The Virgils have stretched so there is a bit of give in them these days, but in the beginning they were snug but not uncomfortable. If your podiatrist has given you advice on width, I'd say take the safe route. It depends on what socks you wear as well, as I often wear wool with mine, so keep that in mind.

That said, it sounds like you should take a 9. The Virgil profile is relatively wide, and the leather will stretch as well.

5. avery

avery Senior member

What's the easiest way to find virgils in size 12? Sand/lt brown suede preferred

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

DO IT. I work from home most of the time, so I never get the satisfaction of freaking people out. Also, too many old hippies in my town. I could walk buck naked and the only thing that people would ask me to cover is my shame...

7. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

actually not every Virgil use the same last, they are at least 3 different last that I know, in any case all are TTS.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015

8. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Last on the right is infinitely better, its what makes virgils so aesthetically pleasing imho, balance of width at the heel

9. cchen

cchen Senior member

Got the last Albacore Denim Shirt on MrP.... hoping that it fits and that its worth the price

10. MangoHiChew

MangoHiChew Member

Thanks for all the help guys. Picked up the virgils in a size 9 in Light brown.

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

If they re release in a good color, I'd probably make inquiries.

12. chimpskibot

chimpskibot Well-Known Member

Best place to look is Y!JP and hope you get lucky, price may be killer, although it may not be considering most Japanese wear small sizes.

13. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Saw this asked once earlier but no answer. Does anyone have any knowledge of suit sense and if it's all legit?

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

They claim to be, but I have no idea whether that is true or not.

15. vyrus

vyrus New Member

New here! Yes they are legit! Ordered a lungta stars shirt from them a few months ago, impeccable service!