• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome!! The light brown ones have haunted my dreams for months, just been too cheap to pull the trigger. Hopefully the size works out.

capnMURPHY2021

Reaction score
What's the deal with FBTs? I see so many of them on ebay/gr-iled. Do people find them easy to flip?

Meanwhile, Virgils are next to impossible to track down..

Last edited:

planetarium

Reaction score
FBTs are a hype item that few people can pull off so you see a lot of resale, especially of the shamans

Dino19

Reaction score
Many are impulse buys that are caught up in the hype. That's why there are many items on sale which are only worn very sparingly.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FBTs are a hype item that few people can pull off so you see a lot of resale, especially of the shamans
How are they hard to pull off? A Type 3 jacket (canvas, denim, leather) over a tee and and worn in, rolled up, jeans tapered but not tight, and you've got yourself one of the easiest uniforms in the world. I think that dudes seriously overthink this stuff.

planetarium

Reaction score
most guys don't look comfortable with wee tassles about their ankles or they chuck them in an incongruous fit to show off that they know where to buy / can afford them

loucifer

Reaction score
What's the deal with FBTs? I see so many of them on ebay/gr-iled. Do people find them easy to flip?

Meanwhile, Virgils are next to impossible to track down..
theyre on the webstore for 700 now. just bought a light brown suede pair actually

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um. Just a PSA. So summer-store has a few of more of the suede brigadiers for an ungodly price. Seriously was debating on getting the brown suede brigadiers from theNextdoor.fr for a ridiculously low price, but then found them miraculously from summer-store for much cheaper(!). I mean, they even took it even lower bc of VAT. Maybe I'm missing something or that'll be dinged for customs but it came out to be under $350. I have the lt. brown suede ones and it might be my favorite shoe/boot.

edit: it looks like they shipped express in their local postal service, which will be handed off to USPS...which means that i dont think you have to worry about customs.
I know some of you guys got in on this deal as it looks sold out now. Mine came yesterday. Lt. brown ones have about 40 weeks of wear on them. The brown is really rich. Was kind of on the fence because of the pink calico design on the heel, but honestly, like the blue one, it really makes no difference and sort of disappears when you have them

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man really wish I saw that deal, was sold out by the time I got around to seeing the post! Good pick up!

mes123

Reaction score
Thanks to all the contributors to this thread. Reading through it I managed to size the Brigadiers (lt brown, as the left pair above) just right - which was also the complete opposite of mr porters sizing advise.

Anyway, do you use shoe trees in your Vis boots, like the brigs, or just embrace the wear and tear?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to not use shoe trees in my boots, but I've come around to it. It smooths out the leather slightly and helps keep its shape, and it's always good to have a pair of shoe trees for polishing/conditioning.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the PSA @Dbear Seriously clean Dainite sole work on these as well

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads