• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
did it two times now hand washing and unfortunately the grease stains are still there.. chemical wash sounds very risky. should I just repeat the hand wash with Eucalan few times more and hope it'll work or is there some other options to get the stains out safely?

I wash all my visvim using Laundress detergent and an ultrasonic washing machine, you can pick one up on ebay, I got one that's $20 and it works great, no abrasion, sound waves literally shake off the dirt at a microscopic level, it's the same technology specialty cleaners in Japan use.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Have you Guys ever seen a wool/cashmere beanie made in a China? Thanks

YES! visvim had many early wool pieces made in Japan. visvim uses loro piana cashmere btw.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Could i get some help identifying if these Visvim FBTs are real? I purchased these 2nd hand on ebay and they didn’t come with the bag or the box.
There seems to be quite a lot of puckering on the stitching. Is this common on FBTs?
There are also glue stains on the Vibram sole.
The suede actually seems to be quite high quality but there is also a very faint embossed logo which leads me to think they're fake. i have a pair of Blackfoot boots, and the embossed logo is very prominent.

View attachment 1242714 View attachment 1242716 View attachment 1242715 View attachment 1242718 View attachment 1242719 View attachment 1242722 View attachment 1242723 View attachment 1242724 View attachment 1242725 View attachment 1242726 View attachment 1242717 View attachment 1242721
View attachment 1242727
those are FBT prime from 2016 and YES they are real.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
One more question for the good folks on this site. I am looking for a (used) black denim jean in 04R cut. I have an indigo pair in 04R and love the fit. So, how do you tell what the cut is if it doesn't say on the inside waistband? I am looking at a pair now but am not clear on the cut. I attach a photo of the label in case someone can decipher this. Otherwise, how do you tell. This pair is from the AW15 collection as I understand the coding on the label.

As ever, thanks in advance.

View attachment 1357614
looks like an 04, Fluxus denim does not have the measurements on the inside wasitband

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Probably not "worth it." It's up to you — in my experience, Visvim stuff is never incredibly well built to warrant the prices they charge, in terms of build quality, durability, or from a materials standpoint.

What you're buying is the brand name, culture of Visvim, and design. That said, I have not handled their tees, I'm going off of all the other clothing and footwear I've purchased.
that's nonsense. if you can't feel the difference betweeen sea island cotton and regular hanes cotton you really shouldn't be considering this brand.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Has anyone handled the Visvim Ultimate Tee (The sea island cotton stuff)? They seem to be all sold out.

Anyways, just wondering if they are worth, or if their regular 3 pack subligs are better.
how a piece makes you feel is different for everyone. that feeling justifies the expenditure in your mind. Sea Island should be experienced by everyone at least once in their life. I sleep in a Mccoys sea island shirt, all other cotton shirts feel like sand paper

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's nonsense. if you can't feel the difference betweeen sea island cotton and regular hanes cotton you really shouldn't be considering this brand.

That is so large a gap, that I dont think it makes sense to compare. I like Visvim but compared to most craft based brands it definitely isn't worth the wild ass price.

There are many great brands between the price ranges of hanes and visvim. Most that would be looking at hanes, would not be comparing with visvim.

pastrystar23

Reaction score

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Could i get some help identifying if these Visvim FBTs are real? I purchased these 2nd hand on ebay and they didn’t come with the bag or the box.
There seems to be quite a lot of puckering on the stitching. Is this common on FBTs?
There are also glue stains on the Vibram sole.
The suede actually seems to be quite high quality but there is also a very faint embossed logo which leads me to think they're fake. i have a pair of Blackfoot boots, and the embossed logo is very prominent.

View attachment 1242714 View attachment 1242716 View attachment 1242715 View attachment 1242718 View attachment 1242719 View attachment 1242722 View attachment 1242723 View attachment 1242724 View attachment 1242725 View attachment 1242726 View attachment 1242717 View attachment 1242721
View attachment 1242727
also, don't use shoe trees on these.

simcol

Reaction score
tropical combat shirt
Thanks! You've been busy on this thread today! All your input is very much appreciated. On this one, then, it may be genuine, but if so the seller is mistaken on dates. He says he bought it in 2001, but as I understand it Visvim were not making clothes at that time. Alternatively, could be fake? Cheers!

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think he was talking about the footwear, compared with say high end CM brands like Lobb or Edward Green.
Also, G Tran is the man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads