• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Emixam

Reaction score
has anyone noticed how the 101 dmgd upper pocket inner corner weakens quickly ? I know it is inherent to the stitching, but this is my 2nd 101 dmgd, and 2nd with a hole forming already while it is new. I also have the 101 dmgd 1003, but the wash being less strong this doesn't show.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yo! We're finally starting to build out more of an offering regarding Vis. We put together a brief video showing the pieces being worn - I hope this helps show a little more eloquently how the clothing fits. Feel free to reach out with any questions about sizing or measurements.

*****Also... we've got a 25% code running that applies sitewide, just saying. Use SPRING25.*****

Last edited:

simcol

Reaction score
Hi folks. Looking for a Japanese proxy service, but one more personal than Buyee/FromJapan. One that will actually telephone a shop in Japan and ask questions, and perhaps negotiate. Any ideas if anyone in Japan provides this type of service as opposed to the standard proxy service? Thanks in advance! Simon.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://rare-s.com/ contact info on the site- he won't negotiate however. Haggling is highly frowned upon in Japan and just isnt something people do.

simcol

Reaction score
http://rare-s.com/ contact info on the site- he won't negotiate however. Haggling is highly frowned upon in Japan and just isnt something people do.
Thanks. I'll give this a go. On the bargaining front, totally understood. Just sometimes in an auction the seller actually mentions that they are open to an offer, but the proxy I normally use won't help by making an offer even where invited to do so by the seller. Quite frustrating as you know the asking price is more than the price they are willing to accept - they actually tell you - but if you want the item you have to pay what you know is over the odds.

Anyway, much appreciated. Will report back on how my experiences go with rare-s.

Cheers!

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that's the case that is probably the only exception I can think of. I was thinking you were referring to the retail brick and mortar establishments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.