• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Madloco

Reaction score
Does these pics help you to ensure this are original ?

Yes, those are original, I have two pairs of that kind.
fing02[1].gif

Question: Doesn't this forum has a moderator, to delete the double or nonsonse posts???!!!

feinbergmel

Reaction score
hey there, i'm curious if you can help me out here -- i inherited this pair if b&l rb3 trugreens from my father & frankly, they look terrible on me, so given the solid condition they're in, i decided to sell them. i did my research and gathered the specs (no pun intended, really), and i believe the information i've listed them as on ebay to be correct. i just got an offer for $30 and am feeling a bit discouraged. am i misinformed about these? or was that person just displaying some serious wishful thinking price-wise...

anyhow, here is the link to the listing. if you are able, i'd love your insight, @musehead as you seem to know exactly what you're talking about. also, if anyone else has input, please, feel free !
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291583233028

thanks !
-mel

Last edited:

oosterling

Reaction score
Hi, I have a pair of vintage B&L ray bans that I am not particularly sure if they are authentic, because it hasn't got the etching to the lenses and also hasn't got the usual ray ban logo to the lense and also to the side of it or it might have had it but maybe has rubbed off with age cos I can see slight white marking left on side on the outer handle. Please if some one can give me a clue on how old this is, or how authentic it is, it will be much appreciated. I will upload a few pictures for you to have a look at. Thank you so much.

@juliancd i dont know that much about wayfarers but honestly i am sure they are fake. The text on the inside of the temples is painted while i only know it only engraved. also the shape of frame and temples are not as the wayfarers of BL.

even the wayfarer case is not how it should be, it should be ribbed.

just my 2 ct

enjoy

Last edited:

oosterling

Reaction score
hey there, i'm curious if you can help me out here -- i inherited this pair if b&l rb3 trugreens from my father & frankly, they look terrible on me, so given the solid condition they're in, i decided to sell them. i did my research and gathered the specs (no pun intended, really), and i believe the information i've listed them as on ebay to be correct. i just got an offer for $30 and am feeling a bit discouraged. am i misinformed about these? or was that person just displaying some serious wishful thinking price-wise...

anyhow, here is the link to the listing. if you are able, i'd love your insight, @musehead as you seem to know exactly what you're talking about. also, if anyone else has input, please, feel free !

thanks !
-mel

@feinbergmel Hi, your pair look in a stunning condition, really nice. However they are not RB3 tru greens but the more standard lenses G15. Google Ray Ban Bausch Lomb G15 and Rb3 and youll see the obvious difference.
$30 for your pair being in very condition is low from my perspective. However 250 is highly overpriced though, just my 2ct, since you started about value
smile.gif

I honestly think you will be able to sell them much more then $60. Maybe $100 if youre really lucky. They are from after 1982, not really old. stand Outdoorsman, G15. But in very nice condition from what i see.

Madloco

Reaction score

anyhow, here is the link to the listing. if you are able, i'd love your insight, @musehead
as you seem to know exactly what you're talking about. also, if anyone else has input, please, feel free !

thanks !

-mel

250 DOLLARS???!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

If you wait long enough maybe you will get that money, probably in the next century, or so, but wait for musehead's confirmation.:rolleyes:

oosterling

Reaction score
@Madloco im trying to tell it subtile..youre waisting it. but indeed, honestly..If you get offered anything above $80 i would sell.

blizardwizard

Reaction score
Hello all,

New here, but I have come for a very specific request...

My pair of these

were eaten by an 18-wheeler on the freeway today

I am devastated (sentimental, and rarity), and just need to replace these. I need the pilot lenses. I have tried hundreds of other lenses and nothing works like these do.

As far as I can tell there are only 2 pairs on the market currently, priced at $800 each. Definitely can't afford that.

SO I ask, if anyone can point me in the direction of getting a new pair of these. (I believe they are early 1970s B&L 18k gold Caravan style frame, G31 Lenses, pilot style with mirroring)
Really not picky about condition, just somewhat reasonable of a price.

I tried asking RayBan if I could do a special custom order, but of course they sent me to the parts department. I'll call them but I really have no hope.

As a last resort, I'll switch to a different brand/pair/style but they MUST have the pilot type lens. I cant imagine wearing sunglasses without them.

Thanks for all your time folks,
-bw

Madloco

Reaction score

@Madloco
 im trying to tell it subtile..youre waisting it. but indeed, honestly..If you get offered anything above $80 i would sell. 

As you know, I was buying several ODMs in 58 mm with green lenses in ebay, only because I had separate lenses that needed a frame, and I never paid more than € 50 for glasses in perfect conditions... :cool:

bduncan13

Reaction score
I have a pair of Ray Ban Glasses I am trying to identify. The only markings I can find are the numbers 038 on the inside left ear piece. and Ray Ban on the lens. Can anyone help me identify these? Thanks in advance...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member