• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Motorcycle blog photos

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like all things about cool older motorcycles this blog has wonderful vintage, period photos of motorcycles, the riders and their clothing. It is written by a San Francisco vintage bike rider, collector, enthusiast. He also happens to be quite a stylish, well dressed guy. Check it out http://thevintagent.blogspot.com/

emptym

Reaction score
Neat. Thanks, Gus. Do/did you ride? Should I already know this?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Neat. Thanks, Gus. Do/did you ride? Should I already know this?

Yes I used to ride until an accident in the 70's and then again in the 90's. Wives get so upset about that sort of thing. But, I have to say that when I see some of the cool new bikes around now I am awfully tempted to just "give it a go"........

My reactions just aren't where they need to be for driving in crowded suburban living. But, if I lived in the country and had access to two lane roads the Ducati dealer would have a new customer.

BTW, we should really invite Paul to the next SF Meetup. He is one stylish guy, quite a dandy when he isn't wearing his leathers. The Satorialist photographed him a few years ago when he came to San Francisco.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a cool site, it's been bookmarked on my computer for a while.

Pocketsquareguy, I started riding when I was 14 and then took a about a 30 year hiatus when I was 25 (carrer, family, etc.). Got divorced in 2006 and decided to pamper myself. About a month after the divorce I decided I wanted to return to what had given me so much joy in the past. I went to the dealership and bought a brand new Ducati and I've been having a blast, I almost forgot how much fun it is!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by John Doe
I went to the dealership and bought a brand new Ducati and I've been having a blast, I almost forgot how much fun it is!

You make it sound very tempting!

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why you'd be a fool not to! Being in the Bay Area you have some prime riding areas out there. You mentioned Ducati, have you seen some of the new models they have come out with recently? Very tempting, very tempting indeed.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads