• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bmatth60

Reaction score
I was looking at your list (which is amazing so, thank you) and wanted to pass along a Florsheim Imperial style number I didn't see. I came across these on Ebay and picked them up. The number is 01- 23891-5 in black shell cordovan . The lining of the shoes is black so, it made it very difficult to photograph. If you have any info on them please pass it along. The photo is the before cleaning and after.
20190429_181724.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I

I find the Collonil in burgundy to be a good way to cheat the shine on #8 shell without ever worrying about cracking wax.
View attachment 1169969

I have the Collonil in neutral, black and burgundy. I use the colored versions when I feel color is needed, which if not very often at all. I will likely die before using the entire jar. And since it was mentioned, it gives me an excuse to show today's shoe selection after colonil.

View attachment 1170133

+1 on Collonil 1909 Supreme Creme de Luxe in neutral. I rarely use color, so neutral versions of VSC and Collonil are my go-to products. I only apply small bits of color in specific spots as needed, whether that’s shoe cream or cordovan cream. Limited. Very limited.

Thanks, guys. I know my cobbler stocks Collonil but I have never tried that product. I was just next door to the cobbler yesterday wearing the yumas and would have popped in to grab some, had I known about the higher shine. Oh well. Good reason to go again.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I know my cobbler stocks Collonil but I have never tried that product. I was just next door to the cobbler yesterday wearing the yumas and would have popped in to grab some, had I known about the higher shine. Oh well. Good reason to go again.

@davidVC recommends them for both calf and shell.

I use extremely sparingly. Mostly conditioner and only colour creams when necessary as confirmed by our leader @smfdoc .

I use Collonil 1909 and Moneysworth - both are German made and seem to work well for my collection.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to take composed pictures of your, mormonopoly and meister's collections and start an image museum: Most Glorious Shoes on the Planet.
Roycru would be the tour guide.

A documentary would be on point. I would pay a lot of money to see that film.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Collonil 1909 and Moneysworth - both are German made and seem to work well for my collection.

Do they smell the same, look the same, have the same consistency? Does the Collonil have a dreamy lustrous look, like pudding, in the jar same as M&B? I've wondered if they have the same OEM but never handled Collonil.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they smell the same, look the same, have the same consistency? Does the Collonil have a dreamy lustrous look, like pudding, in the jar same as M&B? I've wondered if they have the same OEM but never handled Collonil.

I think they are very similar in smell, colours, and consistency. Collonil is in a bigger jar but definitely looks like pudding.

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@davidVC recommends them for both calf and shell.

I use extremely sparingly. Mostly conditioner and only colour creams when necessary as confirmed by our leader @smfdoc .

Collonil 1909 is an excellent product. If used properly, it will result in a large number of children.

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I am Nettleton homer but the world seemed better today just by wearing this pair.

View attachment 1170300
One of the first pair I bought off the watch list was Nettleton Traditionals in spectacular condition and priced to match. They are much too big but they look so good I haven't been able to bring myself to sell them yet. I have not seen another nice pair that will fit me.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unboxing:

LB Sheppard shell cordovan PTB.

The seller really slathered these up with something greasy to make them shine for photos. Leather is in good shape (except for the water stains), and the sole/heels still have a lot of miles left.

I’ll take the cleanup slow and easy.

CFCFFEA9-291D-4CAD-9704-4C7C8F65028B.jpeg
3E8C093C-4BB9-48D3-9C75-BF50C5E26165.jpeg
99676638-A8DD-42D5-853B-B606C228765F.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads