• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VintageZealot

Reaction score

....Screw you, you got Dillinger Shoes. I want to punch you in the face for how much I want these shoes.

God damn these big, fat feet of mine.
If we met in person, what would the risk of me meeting a fate similar to Dillinger's be...? :laugh:
So, Dillinger's shoes were:

• 1 pair white buckskin Nunnbush [sic] shoes, size 9-D, manufacturer’s number 369…105721.
His were Nunn Bush model 369? I've actually seen that model in the 1933 Nunn Bush Spring/Summer catalog. It's very similar to my pair but a wingtip rather than a cap toe, Gotham last too.
23 islandora_2378916.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi folks. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Hoping you can help me out on something.

Nabbed these shell 1979 Florsheim Kenmoor 93606 models in 12D while I was out shopping, hoping they'd fit my 11.5D feet. They do, but even with my thickest socks, I'm still sliding around in them. So, it looks like I've got to move them along.

The thing is, I have no idea if they're desirable or what they're worth. Any idea on what a reasonable price expectation is for them? Better yet, anyone here interested in them at a fair price? No idea what they're worth and eBay prices are all over the place, including the sold versions. Good patina on them, and they cleaned up pretty nicely with some VSC. Still need edge dressing. All things considered, they're in pretty good shape for a 44-year-old pair of shoes.

View attachment 1952561 View attachment 1952563 View attachment 1952565 View attachment 1952567

Any insights you can provide would be great. Thanks!

What a nice pair. Before you sell them, have you considered trying a thin foam insert? They are available at Rite aid online for just a few dollars.

As for a price, there are those who will insist it should be low d refuse to pay. Higher, and others who throw stupid money at a pair they want. I think a realistic range is $200-250 and this would be a good deal for the buyer. Not sure what you have in them or how fast they need to move. You could likely get higher, but that would possibly take longer until the right buyer comes along.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a nice pair. Before you sell them, have you considered trying a thin foam insert? They are available at Rite aid online for just a few dollars.

As for a price, there are those who will insist it should be low d refuse to pay. Higher, and others who throw stupid money at a pair they want. I think a realistic range is $200-250 and this would be a good deal for the buyer. Not sure what you have in them or how fast they need to move. You could likely get higher, but that would possibly take longer until the right buyer comes along.
@donkeyhoatie the foam insoles took up the volume on a Florsheim pair for me. I have a pair of those PTB's and they're built to last.

Satoman1

Reaction score

heathenist

Reaction score
Church's shoes Diplomat model. Worth picking for $18 if there no big crack or any kind of big damaged.
Sadly, they weren’t in the best shape. Missing one leather heel pad and the other was coming up. And I think there was a small crack on one vamp.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A perfect collaboration between a patina artist and cobbler to transform these 97625s.

Alberto Suastez dyed them navy blue and then rebuilt by Tony Wyatt with matching blue stitching and a rubber Vibram sole.

20230507_124552.jpg
20230507_124555.jpg

Satoman1

Reaction score
Anyone heard about Hanan & Sons shoes, are they good? A seller i know selling a pair, looks like 40-50s .I don't know if I should pull a trigger on them.
1683486196540.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads