• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an odd pair. I thought that the Allen Edmonds "Tom, Dick and Harry" model was a throwback from the 1960s...maybe as late as the 1970s. But this pair is clearly MUCH newer than that. With the model numbers starting with a 0, I'll assume these were a store special or custom order. Any other thoughts? (And even I can't squeeze into a AAA width shoe, so it won't ship.)

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I KNOW WHAT I GOT
da5cc1e8acdfe04964471dd2c71e031143b4e3fc.jpg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an odd pair. I thought that the Allen Edmonds "Tom, Dick and Harry" model was a throwback from the 1960s...maybe as late as the 1970s. But this pair is clearly MUCH newer than that. With the model numbers starting with a 0, I'll assume these were a store special or custom order. Any other thoughts? (And even I can't squeeze into a AAA width shoe, so it won't ship.)

Yup, store special, 1990, built on the 3 (73, aka Bancroft) last. There’ve been a number of different “Tom, Dick & Harry” models. Even stranger, in the early 60’s, there were three separate models, named Tom, Dick and Harry (63 catalog has them).

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just in case you need some inspiration, these are some brown Chester's from the 1980s that were posted on page 1 of the vintage thread by @MattRiv. Just awesome looking shoes. I am bummed about the size guide from the catalog. It would explain why I can't ever find any EEE. I guess the only exception are my alligator Chesters which were made in EEE for the original owner.

View attachment 1421411
One of the things you’ll notice is that AE’s 80’s full-grain calf was a solid step above what they were using in the 70’s. The 70’s stuff, like today’s AE’s, isn’t bad (it’s very durable), but the 80’s (and even much of the 90’s) stuff was a step above in terms of bend and suppleness.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never heard of Morgan Cort, information on the history anybody?

Get any discussion on this question? I saw these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Leat...126299?hash=item3fcfcafc9b:g:5SYAAOSw5IFbMtD~
Seems overpriced to me although good looking. Whats the opinion on Made in Mexico? Thanks

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
What do you guys think about LWB with standard welt instead of reverse/storm welt: an example is this Edwin Clapp from David's watchlist.

View attachment 1420333

I think l like the look of regular welt as much as reverse welt.

Daily surfing for shoes over morning coffee ... was searching for Banister shoes ...

Here is another sleek interesting 2-eyelet longwing.

1594395705290.png

Anyone here has a pair of Banister?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Daily surfing for shoes over morning coffee ... was searching for Banister shoes ...

Here is another sleek interesting 2-eyelet longwing.

View attachment 1421645

Anyone here has a pair of Banister?

I know it says Men's Apparel inside, but they look more like a ladies shoe design.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads