• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
93602 today.
D877BF5C-6828-4D8F-9184-32A6E7582DD8.jpeg
C0CA63D3-C81B-4E26-B5AA-CC7E792ABDF6.jpeg

ZePrez

Reaction score
Hi

Funny , decided without knowing it, to wear same as @friendlygoz
1659443773511.jpeg

1659443809273.jpeg

When I started in vintage shoes, I would shudder at modifying a classic, thus I was very loath to change the heels of a v-cleat shoes. I live where the floors are usually smooth or polished... I remember reading something in this forum:
Walking with V-cleat : " clip, clip, clip,...., sliiiiiiip......" :D and it is exactly what compel the different gait I have, unconsciously with v-cleat shoes. I realized it a while back but as recently , again as yesterday, when I wore my 93605, I walked carefully, I knew , I did :)...

I had the v-cleats on my 93602 changed to Cat Paw heels... It resulted in a different, now comfortable shoes.... I will (belatedly and reluctantly ) have all and any v-cleat shoes heels acquired, replaced by ergonomics heels. :butbut:.

Peace.

Last edited:

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how vintage Florsheim shortwings fit compared to the Kenmoor (i.e., long wings)? Here's an example. View attachment 1818255

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how vintage Florsheim shortwings fit compared to the Kenmoor (i.e., long wings)? Here's an example. View attachment 1818255

I have a pair of Florsheim shortwings from ~1957. They fit me a lot like the AE 65 last. It's a very comfortable shoe for me. The Kenmoor is less comfortable and requires that I move one width more narrow to avoid heel slip, which creates a friction point on my fifth metatarsal. YMMV

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paging @Jiqea… what is the size of these Canadian made Florsheims? Thanks!
7C7999CB-6543-43E6-A8C9-F3189C0DC0BE.jpeg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not Vintage – However these are Tricker’s. They are a very old traditional Northhampton Manufacturer. They have all the hallmarks we appreciate it in vintage shoes – such as Goodyear Welt, quality materials, and excellent craftmanship. While these were made in England they are inspired by, and styled as, an American Long Wing. Trickers is well known for its Country Shoes – typically full brogue and heavy duty construction. They are substantial and feel very much like a vintage Florsheim in the most positive ways. This the inaugural wear. They are my first modern Trickers’ and I am VERY impressed. I really like the grain and the patina in the finish – which is on purpose. I liked these so much I ordered more pairs. They were also on sale and the dollar is strong right now so the exchange rate is favorable.

A17A152B-0C8E-4EDB-AAE1-9170F50CB448.jpeg
FEBF29B0-2085-4C83-9708-2FF0E7FDC939.jpeg
1D32BBA2-E9E2-4542-BA6A-51F39C84F09A.jpeg

memoriastoica

Reaction score
Not Vintage – However these are Tricker’s. They are a very old traditional Northhampton Manufacturer. They have all the hallmarks we appreciate it in vintage shoes – such as Goodyear Welt, quality materials, and excellent craftmanship. While these were made in England they are inspired by, and styled as, an American Long Wing. Trickers is well known for its Country Shoes – typically full brogue and heavy duty construction. They are substantial and feel very much like a vintage Florsheim in the most positive ways. This the inaugural wear. They are my first modern Trickers’ and I am VERY impressed. I really like the grain and the patina in the finish – which is on purpose. I liked these so much I ordered more pairs. They were also on sale and the dollar is strong right now so the exchange rate is favorable.

View attachment 1818624 View attachment 1818625 View attachment 1818626
Those are nice. How do they compare to vintage Florsheim's in terms of fit/finish and weight?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are nice. How do they compare to vintage Florsheim's in terms of fit/finish and weight?

hard to say. But, I’ll try. They are HEAVY. But, they have a dainite sole so that makes sense. I see ZERO quality control issues. No missed stitches, no misaligned edges, etc. the leather is high quality. Compared to my vintage Florsheim the leather is softer and not as stiff. Perhaps that means it is lower quality not sure. They are roomy. Just on the edge of being wide. I think they compare very favorably with modern Alden. They compare pretty well with my later Florsheim — 1980’s. They are less substantial and seem like lower quality than my 60’s or 70’s Florsheim. But, the differences are probably more subjective.

They are far superior to any other typical American Manufacturer other than Alden where they are pretty equivalent. Alden have a slightly more refined style where these are more “country shoe.”

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1818624 View attachment 1818625 View attachment 1818626
Can you pl comment on the sizing?
Also can you pl share link for sale?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you pl comment on the sizing?
Also can you pl share link for sale?

For me, they are almost too wide. Apparently this last (2298) is one of the narrower lasts. I don’t think I could wear a last that is any wider. My Foot tends to run a little narrow. 11C is my ideal size in Florsheim. These are UK 10 Medium width.

I wore these all day and they are brand new and never bothered me.

Here is the link.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads