• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevenmgrr

Reaction score
IMG_2009.jpg
So these are my 93602 Florsheim Kenmoors. I'm so pleased that I found these. They appeared to be brand new with no wear on the original sole (only some marks from trying on). So that is my only problem, they look "too new". What polish colors do you guys use to lose the orange look and get a nice patina? Any recommendations?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 911420 So these are my 93602 Florsheim Kenmoors. I'm so pleased that I found these. They appeared to be brand new with no wear on the original sole (only some marks from trying on). So that is my only problem, they look "too new". What polish colors do you guys use to lose the orange look and get a nice patina? Any recommendations?

I had some walnut colored shoes from Allen Edmonds and they were a bit too orange. I found using the chili polish from AE knocked the orange off pretty well. You could try it or brown polish. I also find black polish across The medallion and brogue, with the excess wiped off quickly, leaves a nice contrast. See attached. Just suggestions I would try on my shoes, but do any of this at your own risk.

AB7D5083-F289-4C1D-B03F-D56F86FF195D.jpeg
E8F39397-4CD7-4DA0-B66C-39F04D0D7A07.jpeg

LLEE

Reaction score
View attachment 911420 So these are my 93602 Florsheim Kenmoors. I'm so pleased that I found these. They appeared to be brand new with no wear on the original sole (only some marks from trying on). So that is my only problem, they look "too new". What polish colors do you guys use to lose the orange look and get a nice patina? Any recommendations?
Wear 'em? :wink: I love this thread.

Dicky Dicardo

Reaction score
No new McHales. But I have been looking for pairs in my size. Oakwood?

Here is an interesting pair. 1959 Florsheim 93602. I found these a couple years ago. I cleaned them and gave them glycerin conditioning but nothing else. They have a surface crack in the vamp leather that I need to work on to hide.

The model and size info are all handwritten on the inside of the pair. Other than that, they have the same build as most of the sixties 93602 models. I believe the heel has been replaced but I am not 100%. There is a v-cleat beneath the steel heel taps

View attachment 910993 View attachment 910994

View attachment 910997

View attachment 910999

Even the heel taps look old

There are currently two Florsheim pairs on ebay with handwritten model and size info:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Fl...440792?hash=item3afdd11358:g:qSoAAOSw4A5Y2H5B

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Florsh...583811?hash=item4d643394c3:g:cwwAAOSwZW5aGsck

Dicky Dicardo

Reaction score
No new McHales. But I have been looking for pairs in my size. Oakwood?

Here is an interesting pair. 1959 Florsheim 93602. I found these a couple years ago. I cleaned them and gave them glycerin conditioning but nothing else. They have a surface crack in the vamp leather that I need to work on to hide.

The model and size info are all handwritten on the inside of the pair. Other than that, they have the same build as most of the sixties 93602 models. I believe the heel has been replaced but I am not 100%. There is a v-cleat beneath the steel heel taps

View attachment 910993 View attachment 910994

View attachment 910997

View attachment 910999

Here is a French Shriner Avenue with handwritten info that I have

P1040517.JPG

P1040519.JPG

P1040534.JPG

P1040535.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PSU John

Reaction score
Does anyone own a pair of the Florsheim Duckies? Is quality suspect?

I had a 2010 vintage pair of (made in India) "Florsheim Limited" LWBs,which were about as good as the late '90s Florsheims, which of course was below the quality of the shoes made in the 30 years just prior to that. I think the Duckie Florsheims are similar to the India-made pair I had. I wound up giving them to my brother because they were a full size bigger than they were marked (11D). My brother takes a 12 and they fit him fine. The bold-on-bold colors of the Duckies will not be an enduring fashion statement, I'm afraid.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a 2010 vintage pair of (made in India) "Florsheim Limited" LWBs,which were about as good as the late '90s Florsheims, which of course was below the quality of the shoes made in the 30 years just prior to that. I think the Duckie Florsheims are similar to the India-made pair I had. I wound up giving them to my brother because they were a full size bigger than they were marked (11D). My brother takes a 12 and they fit him fine. The bold-on-bold colors of the Duckies will not be an enduring fashion statement, I'm afraid.

My experience as well, especially the oversized fit. I wear 11 eee and found I could fit a 10e.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads