• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Golden Harvest rebuilt by Martin Sugg in Thunder Bay Ontario.

These are 9eee, and has a custom number. So very rare indeed, as Florsheim didn't mass produce GH or the EEE widths.

JR soles, cat paw heels, and toe plates. White stitching on welt and yellow thread for outsole. View attachment 1424674 View attachment 1424675 View attachment 1424676 View attachment 1424677
76DCDEB9-FC6F-430B-BC42-D51F1AC8CD12.gif

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have other pairs in 9.5E ans 9E. The 9E fit best, and with this pair, I can wear with extra no show socks.

Have you ever tried 13.5E or 14E? I guess those are just as rare.

The GH offering in the catalog topped out at size at 13D or a 12E. So anything close to what I need would have needed to be a special order. Yes, this is my sad face. :-(

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oLzkEdQ.jpg

It’s like a more aggressively tapered variant of the MacNeil (97) last, which has its roots in the same time period (MacNeil last debuted in 1963 with the “new” version of the MacNeil).

I gotta say though, those Weymouth’s are gorgeous.
Thank you very much! Still on the hunt for a vintage MacNeil. Your pair is a beauty!

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much! Still on the hunt for a vintage MacNeil. Your pair is a beauty!
I bought ‘em for 15 bucks. They looked like this:
XM4taEa.jpg

So I made them nice again:
agLynW6.jpg

ZWaiQDx.jpg

1993 MacNeil’s model 9117 (black cashmere grain) - one of the most prolific models AE has made, they were (and still are) on their original soles and heels, with not a whole lot of wear. But boy were they incredibly dried out. They felt like they’d been left in a hot attic for 20 years. Ended up using an entire bottle of leather lotion on them, and a conditioner, inside and out, top and bottom, but that did get them back into the correct shape. They’re now one of my favorite pairs.

Joneleth01

Reaction score
Good morning,
can someone help me to identify a kind of exotic leather? I bought them via eBay, but even seller did not have an idea what was he selling. I am lost too. These small follicules are a kind of mystery for me.
Thank you. Jan

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 29

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought ‘em for 15 bucks. They looked like this:
XM4taEa.jpg

So I made them nice again:
agLynW6.jpg

ZWaiQDx.jpg

1993 MacNeil’s model 9117 (black cashmere grain) - one of the most prolific models AE has made, they were (and still are) on their original soles and heels, with not a whole lot of wear. But boy were they incredibly dried out. They felt like they’d been left in a hot attic for 20 years. Ended up using an entire bottle of leather lotion on them, and a conditioner, inside and out, top and bottom, but that did get them back into the correct shape. They’re now one of my favorite pairs.
Best $15 spent right there. What an incredible shoe. Hard to believe they don’t offer the MacNeil anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads