• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This week I'm wearing these 1950s Nunn Bush wingtips. These were custom made for a customer named inside the shoe.
IMG_2599.JPEG
IMG_2600.JPEG
IMG_2601.JPEG
IMG_2602.JPEG

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rebuilds of a pair of spectators, and strawfut shoes. Seems to be our group's newest fads.

Joe Wohkittel

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20200628_154035628.jpg
    IMG_20200628_154035628.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200628_154109723.jpg
    IMG_20200628_154109723.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 16

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm more amazed how they keep themselves in a good health. Maybe it's all just stereotypes and I'm wrong in my prejudice. But we all know that there are a lot of places in the world and I think Congo is one of those places where you can get your head battered for such style and outfit.
Just look how strangers on the street look at those Dandies... :)
So, based on actual experience, working with a relief organization in a country with similar levels of development and problems (Haiti), if you went there without a whole bunch of medical shots and (depending on in-progress outbreaks) prophylactic antibiotics, you might get quite sick.

However, if you live there, you’re immune system adapts pretty quickly.

As for dressing-well leading to altercations, outside of the occasional bad-actor, I’d suspect that’s not a big issue for the local population. In my experience with Haiti, it’s a desperately poor, but surprisingly non-confrontational, and somewhat conservative, society.

However, as a foreigner (in the case of Haiti, any foreigner, including Dominicans), you have a target on your back, regardless of what you wear, because proportionally you’re massively wealthier than the average population (per capita income Haiti= 730 dollars per year, per capita income Dominican Republic= 7,750 dollars per year, per capita income US= 47,750 dollars per year). That means, for bad guys, anyone who isn’t part of the local population is a good prospect.

That said, if you have basic street-smarts, nobody will bother you. Generally I found the experience rewarding, and the vast majority of people I interacted with were friendly and gracious.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stealing shoes from others? Dude, I hope you have a good criminal lawyer.
They were in the lost and found! Someone lost them; I found them. Statute of limitations applies here. This was in 1989, so I'm free and clear, right counsel?

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They clean up nicely. My guess is water buffalo. I started working on this pair a couple of weeks ago, but forgot how much I dislike sole sanding. After the first shoe, they've just sat off to the side.

Thanks. That looks like the same model, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads