• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My greatest airport security triumph was when I got the Dreamcast gun at an import shop while on vacation and managed to charm my was past security with it in my carry on when I was returning home. I intentionally called it a "video game peripheral" to avoid using the G word. This was all pre 9/11.

A few weeks later it was announced that when the Dreamcast would come to the US, House of the Dead would have gun use disabled out of respect (fear) of Columbine.
ffffuuuu.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Well I've had the chance to play the new Mario game a little bit lately. I would say that it's great and very fun. Sometimes the multiplayer actually sucks. Just because everyone has a different playing style. Some people like the sprint through every level while holding the run button (me), and others like to play very slowly and make sure they get every coin and every block (people I've been playing with). So after you get too far apart, the screen stops expanding to hold both of you and it just makes you stay together. However, the game is incredibly fun and you can play alone or with someone else. I've so far only played 2Player, I imagine 3 or 4 in one screen all at once would be pretty ******* nuts. Regardless, I'll be picking this game up for myself as soon as I get my Wii back. Totally worth the $.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else playing 1 vs. 100 on Xbox live?? This game is great!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What ps3 games have the most replay value?

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^re5 for me. i dont play fps and i have yet to buy an rpg (are there any?) for the ps3. ok, the story mode blows donkey balls, but the mini game- mercenaries is so addictive. 8 mos later im still playing it trying for high scores. but if i were you id wait on buying it since theyre about to release a updated version of the game. not too sure about the details though.

Brian SD

Reaction score
RE4 has awesome replay value and RE5 is basically RE4, so I imagine it has tons of replay value.

Uncharted 2 has really good online play, as does Killzone 2, if you like shooters.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
What ps3 games have the most replay value?
Little Big Planet, lots of PSN games. Uh, make sure you play the RE5 demo before buying it. I loved RE4 but hated RE5.

mickey711

Reaction score
I wish the single-player campaign in Modern Warfare 2 was longer. And harder. I finished it on Veteran without any problems, and I suck at FPSs. Right now I'm playing Dragon Age:Origins, and although it's plot and characters are a tad clichÃ
00a9.png
d (Elves, Dwarves, Orges, etc.), it's pretty addictive.
Originally Posted by cheessus
^re5 for me. i dont play fps and i have yet to buy an rpg (are there any?) for the ps3.
Valkyria Chronicles?. I've heard that it's a really enjoyable game.

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alias
I still can't figure out what the hell happened.
There's nothing particularly complex about the plot. After Zakhaev died, he was cast as a martyr and his right-hand man Vladimir Makarov was made head of the Ultranationalists. MacTavish was promoted to Captain of Task Force 141 in the 5 years after the first game, and he, with the help of Roach, steals back the ACS module from the Russians, which would let them gain access to all of America's computer networks. PFC Allen is sent in an undercover CIA operation to gain Makarov's trust and joins him in a murderous rampage at the Zakhaev International Airport, but it is revealed that Makarov knew that he was a spy all along, and is killed. Because his body was found at the scene, the Russian government thinks that the American government planned the attack and invades America's East Coast, using the information copied from the ACS module to hack into America's satellite networks (Notice how NORAD was the only ones to see the bogeys?). The 141 trace the bullets used in the airport shootings to Rojas, an infamous arms dealer in Brazil. After capturing and interrogating him, they find out that the only person Makarov hates worse than the Americans is Prisoner #627, who is locked up in a gulag in Russia. They then decide to spring him out in order to lure Makarov out. The prisoner is revealed to be Captain Price, who after being released, hijacks a nuclear submarine and launches an ICBM at Washington DC, but detonates it at the upper atmosphere. The resulting EMP knocks out most sources of power in the city, with the exception of the White House. The surviving Rangers then decide to take back control of it, as the Air Force assumes that DC has now fallen to Russian control and is considering Operation Hammer Down.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the steam deals, I got:

-Osmosis- A great relaxing game. It's amazingly simple and fun.

-Evil Genius- I own this game on CD, but buying it for $2(or $4, I forget) was worth not having to sift through dusty boxes to find it and install it. It's a great strategy game. You have to build and manage this subterranean evil HQ.

-Far Cry 2- I loved the first one and read all the reviews for this one. I will wait to play it once I get a fresh install of Win7. For whatever reason, my computers performance with Crysis has degraded significantly, so I have little hope for Far Cry 2 at this point since they use the same engine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads