Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. breakz

breakz Senior member

I liked Phantom Hourglass (WindWaker was prob my 3rd favorite in the entire franchise). I've never played a Zelda game I didn't like. And I also played Advance Wars DS. Other than that, I just never really enjoyed DS. I was/am more likely to play GBA games on it instead of DS. I'll probably pick up Spirit Tracks when it comes out.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. My DS just collects dust, unfortunately.

2. Alias

Alias Senior member

The only things I loved the DS for were the Phoenix Wright games, and even those were originally for Game Boy. The FF ports aren't so bad, though. FFIV in particular was very well-done. I still need to beat that.

Played Modern Warfare 2 last night until 3 am, then ran into some dumb error that won't let me finish the game. Lots of other people are having this problem too. I think I might just give up on PC gaming until publishers get their shit together.

My Dalish elf in Dragon Age is stabbing things wonderfully, but could they have chosen an uglier running animation? The lady looks like a humpback when she runs with weapons drawn. I have to hand it to Asian games in getting animations to look attractive.

3. dusty

dusty Senior member

Though the ratio of good DS software to crap is vanishingly small, there are still lots of great DS games even if you aren't into the gimmicky or the Japanese. Some of my favorites:

New Super Mario Bros.
    Mario and Luigi 3 (GREAT)
    Ninja Gaiden
    Mario Kart
    Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I'm sure there are plenty of good games on DS. I just don't like the DS as a platform. The way it feels in your hands. The stylus. The buttons. I dunno. Maybe my hands are just too fat. [​IMG]

5. Alias

Alias Senior member

I'm sure there are plenty of good games on DS. I just don't like the DS as a platform. The way it feels in your hands. The stylus. The buttons. I dunno. Maybe my hands are just too fat. [​IMG]

I was severely disappointed by the buttons on the DSi. They traded the wonderfully tactile buttons on my DS Lite for crap cheap clicky click buttons that make my thumbs hurt pressing them for extended periods of time.

6. dusty

dusty Senior member

7. Alias

Alias Senior member

Interesting, I like the DSi buttons a lot better. I guess I'm a sucker for clicks.

Haha for a minute I misread that.

I remember my thumbs really hurting while I played Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. Running diagonally was a real challenge since the D-pad didn't want me to, so I'd have to really jam into it. Terrible experience from an otherwise cool game.

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

Haha for a minute I misread that.

Yeah I was trying to think of a funny way to point that out but I ended up just changing it. [​IMG]

9. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Too many games out. What the hell. There should be one awesome game so that I can play 24x7, be better at it, pwn all you newbs and feel good about it.

10. Alias

Alias Senior member

Too many games out. What the hell. There should be one awesome game so that I can play 24x7, be better at it, pwn all you newbs and feel good about it.

Alias' totally unsolicited Game of the Winter recommendations:

Modern Warfare 2: So you can shoot your friend in the butt

Dragon Age: So you can score with a half-naked witch chick

Aion: So you can look up other characters' skirts for 30 days

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Don't play MP games anymore, but Modern Warfare 2 sp is pretty powerful and engaging experience. Even though the plot makes zero fucking sense if you think about it, it's the only game where somebody died and it made me feel something.

12. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

Hear this, rented a copy of GoW Collection and managed to swipe a few GoW3 demo vouchers by saving the codes to my phone, out of the 3 I got only one worked. Scared the shit out me since only the last one worked, but pretty slick no?

13. Alias

Alias Senior member

Don't play MP games anymore, but Modern Warfare 2 sp is pretty powerful and engaging experience. Even though the plot makes zero fucking sense if you think about it, it's the only game where somebody died and it made me feel something.

I still can't figure out what the hell happened.

14. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Anyone playing Left 4 Dead 2? It's so frustrating, but in a good way. The sense of desperation and dread are very frequent in this game.

15. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Was thinking of getting House of the Dead Overkill and a gun thingy for the Wii. Can anyone tell me whether I shouldn't bother? Seems brainless (ha ha) and fun.