Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. dusty

dusty Senior member

Wish I'd discovered this (credit goes to Chris Donlan, who covers free games, mostly of the Flash variety, every Friday for Edge Online): Small Worlds by David Shute
    That was wonderful. MW2 fans, check this shit out:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

^^ ooh my god. That's amazing.

3. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Haha, listen to those kids. That was pretty cool. Reminds me of back in my Counter-Strike days, where someone'd do something like randomly quick-scoping a wall and getting a handful of head shots. We'd all go ape-shit.

Continuing my free game spree, the girl and I started playing Urban Dead today. V. cool, and makes you wonder why nobody has implemented this in a trad game environment. Someone adept at niche MMO development like CCP would be perfect to tackle that. As a kid that spent all his sick days from school at home watching, and imagining myself as part of, George Romero flicks, that'd be a dream come true. Anyway, seems you have to really get into it to, in turn, get the most out of it, but it's an interesting concept.

4. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Assassin's Creed 2 is the tits. Cannot stop playing.

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

New Mario-- thoughts? Or am I the only WiiFag here?

6. dusty

dusty Senior member

New Mario-- thoughts? Or am I the only WiiFag here?
    I got it, haven't really played it yet. This'll be the first time turning the Wii on in a year. I also got L4D2, which I'm not really crazy about but my friends were getting it. I most want to play AC2, which I don't yet have.

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I got it, haven't really played it yet. This'll be the first time turning the Wii on in a year.

Wii has been relatively abysmal. Played Wii Fit a little bit, and Wii Sports Resort, but both of those games get so old so fucking quick. I left my Wii at my gf's apartment when I moved out here, but if Mario is good I might buy it and get my Wii back.

Hey, since you're more into video game circles than I am, any word on a new Zelda game anytime soon? It's been too long.

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

Oh yeah, it's coming, and I predict near 1:1 sword action with Wii MotionPlus. My guess for a release date is Oct/Nov 2010.

I was under the impression that you had played NSMBW. You should definitely pick it up -- I just got to world 3, it's pretty damn good so far. It's a lot like NSMBDS, which was absolutely fantastic. I don't really care for the multiplayer, it's fun but it makes the game much more difficult for dumb reasons.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Re Zelda: [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll probably pick up Mario no matter what. I have free time, no money, and a Wii. Sounds like Mario.

10. Helix

Helix Senior member

Oh yeah, it's coming, and I predict near 1:1 sword action with Wii MotionPlus. My guess for a release date is Oct/Nov 2010.

I was under the impression that you had played NSMBW. You should definitely pick it up -- I just got to world 3, it's pretty damn good so far. It's a lot like NSMBDS, which was absolutely fantastic. I don't really care for the multiplayer, it's fun but it makes the game much more difficult for dumb reasons.

Welp. I'm gettin a wii.

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Re Zelda: [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll probably pick up Mario no matter what. I have free time, no money, and a Wii. Sounds like Mario.

The new zelda game for DS comes out pretty soon. Might be out already actually

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Nintendo is gonna have some big surprises regarding Zelda at the next E3 (summer 2010), so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out in the fall of next year, like Dusty predicted.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

For some reason I j ust can't get into the DS. Of course I played the Minnish Cap b/c I'm more a Zelda fanboi than I am a gamer. Other than that, I just never really enjoy playing the DS. Don't know why. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about the new Zelda though, and I'll get a chance to play the new Mario tomorrow and Saturday.

14. breakz

breakz Senior member

^^You mentioned Minish Cap...did you play Phantom Hourglass? That was a solid DS game.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I liked Phantom Hourglass (WindWaker was prob my 3rd favorite in the entire franchise). I've never played a Zelda game I didn't like. And I also played Advance Wars DS. Other than that, I just never really enjoyed DS. I was/am more likely to play GBA games on it instead of DS. I'll probably pick up Spirit Tracks when it comes out.