• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious - for the models that are either typically or exclusively Goodyear welt (derby boot/shoe, Halkett, chelsea, etc.), who here would be more inclined to buy a stitch down version? Or less?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious - for the models that are either typically or exclusively Goodyear welt (derby boot/shoe, Halkett, chelsea, etc.), who here would be more inclined to buy a stitch down version? Or less?
I'm with you on preferring they did em in stitchdown. The Mr P stitchdown derby boots gives me hope for a stitchdown halkett one day.

mattw

Reaction score

Derby shoe- less inclined to go stitchdown, prefer the GYW renditions. Currently deciding between picking up a pair this year or going custom w/ White's Otto.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, first Vibergs have arrived. Placed order on Saturday a.m. Singapore time, boots shipped by Viberg Monday p.m. and arrived Singapore Friday a.m. - DHL did good in my opinion - and rightly so for 75bucks!

Cuoio Horsebutt in 2030, size 13 (Viberg 13). Thanks to all who assisted with my sizing on this thread a short while back to go with my Alden Trubalance size (13E in calf, 13D in CXL) and not rely on Division Road who advised me to go Viberg 12 size. I don't think I would have been able to get my foot in those in the first place. Thanks to @Vocans @smartbrother @Crizzlelovesyou and a few others (sorry I forget) - for the sizing advice.

Wearing them in the office on the carpet for a few hours...initial impression is that it fits like a glove. There is up/down wiggle room for the toes and the width is just right. Stitching all over is fine, no issues.

Too many pics but I can't help but post them. Apologies for the crappy smartphone pics.

Cuoio HB 002.jpg
Cuoio HB 004.jpg
Cuoio HB 006.jpg
Cuoio HB 008.jpg
Cuoio HB 009.jpg
Cuoio HB 010.jpg
Cuoio HB 012.jpg
Cuoio HB 013.jpg
Cuoio HB 015.jpg

Cheers,
Tirthak

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So after a lot of thinking and deciding back and forth I decided to pull the trigger on the black cordovan preorder. @CarterH sent me some pics of his and I decided this boot hits a lot of different shades and wearability for me. Price tag sucks but oh well it is what it is.

My only confusion was the width and my understanding the standard to use if I wanted the same width as previous last was to select E. I emailed Viberg asking to confirm, but if anyone here can confirm it that would be super helpful.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So after a lot of thinking and deciding back and forth I decided to pull the trigger on the black cordovan preorder. @CarterH sent me some pics of his and I decided this boot hits a lot of different shades and wearability for me. Price tag sucks but oh well it is what it is.

My only confusion was the width and my understanding the standard to use if I wanted the same width as previous last was to select E. I emailed Viberg asking to confirm, but if anyone here can confirm it that would be super helpful.

yes E is what 2030 has always been

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chelsea's are live.

By the way, anyone know if/when they'll do more Shelby boots?

nareichert

Reaction score

Chelsea's are live.

By the way, anyone know if/when they'll do more Shelby boots?
I think there is one more coming soon and then Brett said that will be the end of that.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there is one more coming soon and then Brett said that will be the end of that.
Ahh crap really? I hope its a decent makeup. Does DVR take kindly to email inquiries about this kind of stuff?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Jason just confirmed that pretty much, but said 1-2 runs maybe. No ETA and no info on what the next makeup will be like though.

nhlducks35

Reaction score
Oh sure. Expect to receive a dissertation. Plan to allocate a half day to read through it.
Yeah I don't understand why Division Road writes everything as if its a college essay with a 1,000 word minimum

"The Ebony Waxed Reverse Horsebutt Chelsea Boot is a Victorian era style that has evolved over several centuries and the perfected version from the Viberg collection gives a nod to the 60’s mod scene along with contemporary fashions. After a number of variations in development, acquiring specialty machinery and instituting new techniques in production, Viberg ushers in this exceptional high Chelsea whole cut upper pattern with a formed shaft to set their version apart from all others as a more functional boot for the outdoors while maintaining a refinement beyond other renditions. This Division Road exclusive comes in a small batch Ebony Waxed Reverse Horsebutt from Maryam boasting an immense structure with inherent shell qualities and an irregular finish, color, and grain texture as the surface of the hide undulates from a napped flesh to shiny shell. This leather is vegetable tanned to maintain the natural feel of the hides and waxed on the reverse side to create an intense character that's fully exhibited in this single piece upper pattern, making each pair completely unique and well-prepared to transform with an elegant patina. A 2050 Last developed exclusively for the Chelsea and inspired by a traditional Argentinian riding boot provides an accommodating fit, yet a sophisticated silhouette. This high Chelsea comes with a countryside-ready black leather 360 storm welt and midsole atop a British-made Goodyear Commando sole to provide lug traction in a discerning design with rugged applications. Each step is carefully executed by Viberg's exacting craftsmen using traditional Goodyear welting coupled with channeled insoles, making the Ebony Waxed Reverse Horsebutt Chelsea a perfect lifetime piece that will withstand the elements in a distinctive style that will evolve for the modern-leaning and vintage-inspired alike."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads