• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the input. Very much appreciated. I'm leaning 10.5 based on the majority of opinions here on the forum, but Viberg customer service recommended 10 so that has me second guessing.

Mr Porter has a suede boondocker I'm tempted to try instead, though I really prefer NMWA's makeup and would prefer to support their business anyway.

Thanks again.

Unless you have really narrow heals...the 10.5 as even if a touch big on your smaller foot it is nothing that a thicker pair of socks won't fix.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Very much appreciated. I'm leaning 10.5 based on the majority of opinions here on the forum, but Viberg customer service recommended 10 so that has me second guessing.

Mr Porter has a suede boondocker I'm tempted to try instead, though I really prefer NMWA's makeup and would prefer to support their business anyway.

Thanks again.
Chet,

I dig your wanting to patronize NMWA.

If one of your feet approximate 11.5 you should consider 10.5.

I will say that I'm an 11.5 Brannock narrow side of D. One of my feet might be a little longer but I go with the 10.5 on the 1035 and it is the best fitting Viberg last(but I prefer the 110).

Keep in mind that you'll probably be wearing these boots with boot socks. Whether medium or thick. So, I'd rather have a little extra space and tamp it down with tongue and/or heel pads if necessary(which I've done with a 110 Chukka), then have my toes be cramped.

For a $250 savings on retail, I'd go 10.5. Then you'll know for the future.

bbmmpp

Reaction score
I tried and failed to find a preorder size swap for the unglazed natural shell boots, but I figured I'd try here one last time. Any takes for a size 9 for 8 swap, or anyone want to buy the size 9 outright? They arrived this weekend and I haven't even opened the box yet.

gte872h

Reaction score

I tried and failed to find a preorder size swap for the unglazed natural shell boots, but I figured I'd try here one last time. Any takes for a size 9 for 8 swap, or anyone want to buy the size 9 outright?  They arrived this weekend and I haven't even opened the box yet.

Did you get a chance to try them on to make sure they won't fit? Mine should arrive on Thursday.

bbmmpp

Reaction score
I won't be trying them on to preserve the BNIB status. In fact, I don't plan on opening the box unless someone is seriously interested.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won't be trying them on to preserve the BNIB status. In fact, I don't plan on opening the box unless someone is seriously interested.
Trying them on wont take away from the BNIB. just don't crease them all up.
Seems kind of odd to not even put your foot in them.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not even opening the box to look at it is stranger than not trying it on.

Last edited:

Aviv

Reaction score

I tried and failed to find a preorder size swap for the unglazed natural shell boots, but I figured I'd try here one last time. Any takes for a size 9 for 8 swap, or anyone want to buy the size 9 outright?  They arrived this weekend and I haven't even opened the box yet.

Just sell them on evil bay or grailed and then you can buy two pairs of service boots in other leathers! Plenty of options out there, just sayin.

ShootThePier

Reaction score
Based upon pics on the last page, your size 9's might just an 8.
Never know unless you look.
If these are your first Vibergs, sizing can be questionable. It is worth trying these on, you may change your mind from 8 to 8.5, and it shouldn't hurt resale value of Vibergs in shell.

ShootThePier

Reaction score
The only thing that hurts the resale value is that they are GYW. Otherwise, I would have snapped them up when you posted days ago.

Last edited:

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own both 1035 derbies and boots? Do they size differently? Remember seeing some posts about sizing down half on Derbies

kevin1367

Reaction score

The only thing that hurts the resale value is that they are GYW. Otherwise, I would have snapped them up when you posted days ago.

I still dont get why they switched. I just ordered a pair of mocha vintage of their site. In my opinion it was the only option that didnt suffer by not having the double stitching around the toe. Seeing as it had an antique midsole. This will be my first pair as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads