• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SoyBoy2

Reaction score
My Engineers (different brand) took months (Months!!) before it was less of a budden to put them on and especially get them off. I contemplated returning them because I could almost not even get them on at first. Six months in they slip on as snug as expected and are still a bit of a ***** to pull off - they are now oh so comfortable to wear and walk in all day long, couldn't be happier.

I did not do the plastic bag thing - sweating with a bag on your feet would be too much to bear. Instead I started off with my thinnest thread bare socks in my drawer.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can get mine on super easy and off with minimal effort...may be a product of the waxed flesh not being lasted as tight as a softer leather.

Last edited:

ShootThePier

Reaction score
My Viberg Engineers are easy on. Off takes about two minutes total with some negotiating.
For me, I think my heels may protrude s little more than others'. Because of that, I wear a 9 Viberg in the 2005. 310, 2030, 2045 lasts I wear 8.5. 1035, my first Vibergs, are size 9.
Both the 9s I can wear thick socks.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to get the engineer boot on? I had heard that one needed to use the plastic bag trick to slide one's foot into the boots.

My Engineers (different brand) took months (Months!!) before it was less of a budden to put them on and especially get them off. I contemplated returning them because I could almost not even get them on at first. Six months in they slip on as snug as expected and are still a bit of a ***** to pull off - they are now oh so comfortable to wear and walk in all day long, couldn't be happier. 

I did not do the plastic bag thing - sweating with a bag on your feet would be too much to bear. Instead I started off with my thinnest thread bare socks in my drawer.

U don't actually wear the plastic bag
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

A piece of plastic [bag] is placed @backheel to help the heel slide in ... as foot is pushed in + shaft pulled up ... once all in, the plastic comes off
1f913.png
. It took about 2weeks of wear to finally stretch out the lower shaft.

SoyBoy2

Reaction score

U don't actually wear the plastic bag
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

A piece of plastic [bag] is placed @backheel to help the heel slide in ... as foot is pushed in + shaft pulled up ... once all in, the plastic comes off
1f913.png
. It took about 2weeks of wear to finally stretch out the lower shaft.
It is typically tougher to pull a boot off than to step in and git it on - so probably wouldn't bother with your plastic bag idea. Anyhow I thought that's what Shoe Horns were made for
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Samir

Reaction score
Quote:
Just to confirm - 8D in Brannock/Allen Edmonds 5 last, 8 in Visvim Brigadiers; I'd be a 7 in the 2030 last?
Some people size down one half, and others size down one full size. It varies. You can search this thread to get an idea on the breakdown.

For what it's worth, I sized down one half from 8.5D Brannock to 8 on the 2030.
Quote:
I have both of those in a 9D and have 2030s in an 8.5. I'll say that the 2030 seems slightly larger than others but I've never tried a full size down. Obvi YMMV.

Thanks for the help. I did a lot of searching and basically came to that same conclusion - half seem to go down 1 size, half go down 0.5. I gambled on a size 7 on the Notre suede version and think I made the right choice. The length of the boot is a good bit longer than my Brigadier's and at my height (5'7.5") I think 7.5s would have looked a little too big. In terms of actual fit, the length is spot on. The toebox is a little claustrophobic in that there's not much room if I try to extend my toes but my forefoot's comfortable with normal activity. Looking forward to the heel area breaking in a little but overall pretty pleased! Glad I could get into the Viberg game at such a great price.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is typically tougher to pull a boot off than to step in and git it on - so probably wouldn't bother with your plastic bag idea. Anyhow I thought that's what Shoe Horns were made for
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Why do u think I went for the unconventional ?! Boot horn dint work, in my case, cuz the added thickness of the horn made the lower shaft opening even more tighter.

As for taking them off, I find it easier, actually__ since the leather had stretched out a bit during wear.

The boot strap @ankle was kept @loose setting the entire time, during the break in process. Having less resistance allowed more movement__ i.e., to soften & make the leather more pliable.

Using thin socks @beginning, then gradually transitioning to medium, then heavier, was very helpful as well.

Last edited:

gte872h

Reaction score
Happy New Years everyone. I received the Viberg/Ebbets collaboration hat in wine color and the fit and quality is great. Expensive but worth it in my opinion. I have a large head (7 5/8) and the fit is perfect.

janoy89

Reaction score
I have a pair of size 11 Hoppers from the last GMTO for sale if any one here wants them before I put them up on Ebay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics