• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gambit402

Reaction score

Jonathan is good people over at L&F, Notre folks are nice as well.

Really thinking about the black unicorn boots from L&F or the color 8s from Notre. What to do...
Any other interesting boots coming out this year that peeps know about?

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really thinking about the black unicorn boots from L&F or the color 8s from Notre. What to do...
Any other interesting boots coming out this year that peeps know about?

Based on their history of releases (either on this thread or their IG feed), it looks like they're averaging a release per month. They just did the icy mocha so my guess will be beginning of December for another release?

Of course this doesn't take into account stock list collabs. I think those are much more infrequent.

gambit402

Reaction score

Based on their history of releases (either on this thread or their IG feed), it looks like they're averaging a release per month. They just did the icy mocha so my guess will be beginning of December for another release?

Of course this doesn't take into account stock list collabs. I think those are much more infrequent.

Yea, the icy mocha does nothing for me, especially since I have the coffees. I need a pair of color 8s, black, and nattys. On Brett Viberg's IG there was pair of color 8s in French calf with all black midsole and sole. Liked it a lot. No idea who's getting them or if they're a one off.

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed that Standard & Strange do not have Viberg listed as a brand on their website anymore, even with the Waxed Flesh 110 dropping soon? Likewise, they are no longer listed as a stockist on the Viberg website. A bit concerning...

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone else noticed that Standard & Strange do not have Viberg listed as a brand on their website anymore, even with the Waxed Flesh 110 dropping soon? Likewise, they are no longer listed as a stockist on the Viberg website. A bit concerning...

A waxed flesh on the 110? Our GMTO design?

Our group genious is making Vibergs job easier and more prolific!

jsd642

Reaction score
Viberg got their order wrong

"Upon checking the boots we received thoroughly, we found several discrepancies - not least of which was that the Brown Waxed Flesh boots arrived with heavy Commando soles rather than the Vibram Mini-lug that was spec'd on our order.

As such, we're returning all of these to Viberg and will not be moving forward with them in the future.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and rest assured that this was a decision that was not taken lightly."

Reaction score
Thanks @jsd642 for shedding light on the matter. That is a real pity - not least because the waxed flesh on 110 with a mini lug sounds awesome. I'm sure it was difficult for S&S to reach this decision but their stock from Viberg has been defective in the past too: I had to return a pair of the Ebony Latigo service boots because the eyelets were unevenly spaced and looked horrible. The service I received from Neil at the store was top notch though and I would certainly buy from them again.

gambit402

Reaction score
I was at Standard and Strange yesterday and forgot about asking about the Vibergs. Those dudes are really nice and helpful.

JL77

Reaction score
Broke these out and laced em up for the first time yesterday.

Gooner

Reaction score
Viberg got their order wrong

"Upon checking the boots we received thoroughly, we found several discrepancies - not least of which was that the Brown Waxed Flesh boots arrived with heavy Commando soles rather than the Vibram Mini-lug that was spec'd on our order.

As such, we're returning all of these to Viberg and will not be moving forward with them in the future.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and rest assured that this was a decision that was not taken lightly."

Dang, has to be more to the story here but I doubt we will ever fully know. Sucks either way.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixelized