• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm conflicted about the Hiker/Pachena bay. I really like the look (especially the olive Chromepak, and the recent Rowdy Dachshund) as well as the semi-seamless design for an all-weather boot. On the other hand, I don't think the hiker lasts work for me after trying them at the sample sale. 240 is super wide, and 9220 is narrow at the toe (felt almost like 2050). On top of that, I find the commando sole has really limited utility in the city because it picks up rocks and salt so easily.

Maybe I can get a 2040/Sierra hiker at the next MTO.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I'm conflicted about the Hiker/Pachena bay. I really like the look (especially the olive Chromepak, and the recent Rowdy Dachshund) as well as the semi-seamless design for an all-weather boot. On the other hand, I don't think the hiker lasts work for me after trying them at the sample sale. 240 is super wide, and 9220 is narrow at the toe (felt almost like 2050). On top of that, I find the commando sole has really limited utility in the city because it picks up rocks and salt so easily.

Maybe I can get a 2040/Sierra hiker at the next MTO.

I have my first such Viberg coming from the sample sale (via proxy) -- a Pachena Bay in 9220 last. I'm very curious how it'll fit. I ordered it in my 2030 size (6.5). I'm a Brannock 7.5E. I hope it's not to squeezy up front.

Ozuku

Reaction score
My scuffed Color 8 service boots look a little ashy. I have conditioned them and they still feel rough. Is this just the finish of these and not indicative of the shell needing more conditioner?

I have the same pair and noticed the same roughness. I think the scuffing process leaves the shell a bit bare/porous simply because there is less dye and pigment sitting on the surface.

Trim Man

Reaction score
PXL_20220216_145058309.MP.jpg

Stone Oiled Calf Derbies today.

I had planned to be done for this year, but I may have to rethink that if there are Chromepak service boots in the mix.

I've gone back and forth on the hikers and Pachena Bay. I like the look in theory, but I don't know if I'd ever actually reach for them.

Tewsday

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I had a quick question regarding Viberg last sizing. I am typically a 9.5D in 2030 last and am wondering if a size 9D in 2045 last will be the same? Based on the Size Guide by Division Road Inc. (link below), they suggest a “rule of thumb” for sizing 2045 last is (.5) down from 2030 last. Is this accurate? Debating if I should stick to 9.5D for 2045 or size .5 down from my 2030 and go 9D. Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey y’all, I had a quick question regarding Viberg last sizing. I am typically a 9.5D in 2030 last and am wondering if a size 9D in 2045 last will be the same? Based on the Size Guide by Division Road Inc. (link below), they suggest a “rule of thumb” for sizing 2045 last is (.5) down from 2030 last. Is this accurate? Debating if I should stick to 9.5D for 2045 or size .5 down from my 2030 and go 9D. Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Division Road is infamously terrible for sizing advice. Wear the same size in service boot lasts besides the 2020 which you may want to take a 1/2 size larger.

7sport

Reaction score

My personal experience says size down from your 2030. My foot is kinda narrow but I love the fit of sz9 2030. I had a sz9 boondocker on 2045 and it was too big. I haven’t tried an 8.5 2045 yet, but I’m confident that would fit better than the 9.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't recommend the 2045/2055 lasts to anyone with D width or narrower. Don't size down length to remove width.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't recommend the 2045/2055 lasts to anyone with D width or narrower. Don't size down length to remove width.
Exactly this. Sizing down to accommodate for volume won’t work in the end since the ball of your foot will be too far ahead of the natural bend of the boot. I did that for 110 and 2055 and it was just uncomfortable if I had to wear them and walk around all day. Better to just take your regular size and deal with the extra volume or wear thicker socks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads