• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wms68

Reaction score

:rotflmao: You must get some nice patina on those boots! 

I think your rotation is a bit "crowded." Anyways you already have natty cxl. Icy mocha is pretty redundant...

Thank you, i am trying to convince myself i don't really need these so any help is appreciated!

Most of mine have been worn quite heavily now, apart from Color 8s, as they are pretty much all i have worn for the past 4 years (with the exception of the WF which are missing in customs), however once they arrive they will what i wear for the next few months.

Pictured below are the Natty CXL - is Icy Mocha too close to these even as the Natty CXL darken quite a bit?

Last edited:

Aviv

Reaction score
Thank you, i am trying to convince myself i don't really need these so any help is appreciated!

Most of mine have been worn quite heavily now, apart from Color 8s, as they are pretty much all i have worn for the past 4 years (with the exception of the WF which are missing in customs), however once they arrive they will what i wear for the next few months.

Pictured below are the Natty CXL - is Icy Mocha too close to these even as the Natty CXL darken quite a bit?

Those look great! I was just yanking yer chain since you remind me of myself and my inability to say 'no' to another drink (or pair of Vibergs). In my opinion those are way too close to Icy Mocha. If only you were a half size bigger you could sell me a pair!

wms68

Reaction score

Those look great! I was just yanking yer chain since you remind me of myself and my inability to say 'no' to another drink (or pair of Vibergs). In my opinion those are way too close to Icy Mocha. If only you were a half size bigger you could sell me a pair! 

No problem, i appreciate your feedback, and having looked at the icy mocha more, i can see that it is going to be close to the natty cxl so i think i will wait for the WF to arrive and enjoy them.

I will now use the money you have saved me to buy another Mallory jacket in another colour
1f600.png

One other quick one on Vibergs - do you think the Midnight Blue Reverse Kudu work well with blue denim and is the 1035 a good toe shape (with less heel slippage) compared to 110 - just saw a pair on Grailed and do not have any blue boots?

oynag

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on purchasing the Icy Mocha CXL from Notre on the 2045 last as after recently picking up the 110 Waxed Flesh Commando from Notre I kind of thought that would be my last Viberg purchase for a long while, however I have nothing on the 2045 and this is the nearest thing I have seen to the Context make up on horse butt.

I generally wear a mix of 2030/110 with 2030 more with chinos/slim fit jeans and the 110's more with straight cut denim and more casual clothing. So, the questions on this are

- Should I stick with a size 10 (which is my sizing in 110 and 2030)?

I'll stick to the sizing question. I have the Icy Mocha 2045 from Notre. My other two pairs of Viberg are 10.5, both 2030. I sized the same in the 2045 and I am happy with the fit.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll stick to the sizing question. I have the Icy Mocha 2045 from Notre. My other two pairs of Viberg are 10.5, both 2030. I sized the same in the 2045 and I am happy with the fit. 

I'm same size in all Viberg lasts I've owned (110, 2045, 2040, 2030, 310), although not are equally comfortable on my feet for walking.

Having icy mocha in addition to natural CXL is really an issue of personal preference. Generally, yeah natural CXL will darken and there will be little difference. But then again, some guys have a half dozen pairs just in shell cordovan #8.

austunner

Reaction score
Do the calfskin service boots have any type of gusseting? From the pictures, it looks like the top of the tongue is free, but not sure if they're like alden indys where it's fully flopping until the lowest eyelet or if there's some gusset 1/2 way down. FWIW, my left indy boot's tongue kept slipping off the top of my foot so I had to get a 1" stitch put in, so this is something to consider with my boots, I realize.

Last edited:

biabia

Reaction score
I have a pair of calf service boots and the tongue is not gusseted. It looks just like the pictures you have attached.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have one of the older stitchdown calf boots, then it's got 1/2 bellows tongue. I don't have any of the GYW calf boots but those look like they're not gusseted at all.

jsd642

Reaction score
anyone interested in a pretty much brand new pair of Notre x Viberg coffee chromepaks in a size 9? I don't think they're going to work for me, but they're a bit too "used" to return back to Notre.

Planning to put up on grailed, but figured I would ping this group first, will let them go for a good price.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephenRBrower