• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rommel

Reaction score
So my brother goes to Viberg in person today, interested in getting the matte calf service boots.

Walks in, no one at the counter, after a fews mins of checking stuff out (majority work/industrial boots on display, none of the "fashion" footwear online), father and son come out and don't say hi as they leave. Few mins later an older lady comes out to help. My brother says he's interested in getting service boots and she says "those are online only".

WTF!?!? After not offering any additional help i.e. would you like to try X to know your sizing, my brother just left.

It seems pretty weird that they have the boots there but won't sell them in person, and the level of customer service was pretty surprising considering local customers are interested in supporting a local business. It seems like they're doing pretty good and could care less.

Skell6009

Reaction score
Sounds like a crappy experience, but I do believe they've always asked that you set up an appointment if you are going to do an in-person visit. The walk-ins seem to be exclusively for their work boots.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So my brother goes to Viberg in person today, interested in getting the matte calf service boots.

Walks in, no one at the counter, after a fews mins of checking stuff out (majority work/industrial boots on display, none of the "fashion" footwear online), father and son come out and don't say hi as they leave. Few mins later an older lady comes out to help. My brother says he's interested in getting service boots and she says "those are online only".

WTF!?!? After not offering any additional help i.e. would you like to try X to know your sizing, my brother just left.

It seems pretty weird that they have the boots there but won't sell them in person, and the level of customer service was pretty surprising considering local customers are interested in supporting a local business. It seems like they're doing pretty good and could care less.

Email Guy, or pm him.

smallgarlic

Reaction score
I have narrowed my choice of service boots into two. If it was your choice what will you buy among these two and why?
I wish I could buy the two of them....

1. Mohawk General Store Dust black service boot.

2. Snuff kudu by Cultizm.

Diabolical

Reaction score

I have narrowed my choice of service boots into two. If it was your choice what will you buy among these two and why?
I wish I could buy the two of them....

1. Mohawk General Store Dust black service boot.

2. Snuff kudu by Cultizm.

They're pretty different boots aesthetically. I think the dust black is a little more unique looking, the texture and color are interesting. The kudu looks really great too. But these boots are very different.

Last edited:

CaptChaos

Reaction score

It is best to make an appointment if you want to be fitted for service boots at their store. They will pull some sizes for you ahead of time and get you set up.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I'm getting dressed in the morning and picking what boots to wear, I often wish I had 3-4 pairs of feet so that I could wear more of my boots more often.

satisfied.gif

ScuffedBluchers

Reaction score
I tried to do the whole, unboxing Appreciation-shoot-thing, but I didn’t have the patience for it. The second I cracked the seal on this box, they jumped on my feet. I haven’t worn anything since and I’m worried I’ll have the discipline to ever let these boots rest a day. As everyone else has noted, they really make a statement.

Here I am at a little over a week in, and I’m only more impressed. They became significantly more comfortable after just one wear, and feel more molded to my foot with every wear, just as many report.

One detail I noticed that I don’t see a lot in CXL posts — I think these things are pretty damn durable. I’ve been vigorously brushing them every night and every scuff they picked up earlier that day disappears easily. I think they darken up a touch with each brushing, too, but the effect seems to fade rather quickly. It could just be a hallucination — college!

Granted I’m not hiking the Grand Canyon, and I’ve just been walking around town, but I’d still go ahead and consider these hardwearing boots. File that away for the next post that details a participant’s horror and disdain for the perceived fragility of CXL.

Just buy it dude. You’ll most likely smile.

Can’t wait to see them after a year of casual pampering. These boots really kick ass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads