• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Not sure I agree that the profile of the 2030 last qualifies as "beefy." A lot of guys here dress up 2030 last boots with slacks. Looks fine. 110 and 310 last less so.

That said, Viberg boots are not "dress boots" in the same way as edward green or carmina.

And yeah, a matte (nubuck?) black will look fairly ridiculous worn with dress slacks.

If you want a cheaper alternative check out Dayton service boots in Nubuck. The company seems (?) to have bounced back at least to the point they are producing reasonably quality product again.

Dayton has not bounced back as far as I've seen. People have sent me pictures of major discrepancies between boots; I've heard of boots being made with exposed interior welt stitching. And then there's some pretty significant waits (and excuses) to go along with it. Even the good boots I've seen have discrepancies in stitching across the pair. I wouldn't go near them at all.

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SB_Matte_Black1_1024x1024.jpg

WTF was Viberg thinking with this sole?

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, sounds like the consensus is still avoid them!
In any case, they are junk compared to Viberg, even on a good day.

Last edited:

skeptical jesus

Reaction score
Dayton has not bounced back as far as I've seen. People have sent me pictures of major discrepancies between boots; I've heard of boots being made with exposed interior welt stitching. And then there's some pretty significant waits (and excuses) to go along with it. Even the good boots I've seen have discrepancies in stitching across the pair. I wouldn't go near them at all.

The recent reddit GMTO was a total mess. Boots were delivered waaaay behind schedule, at least a handful of them had construction errors, and one of them had a giant chunk of the toe of the itsahide sole fall off on the first wear.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The recent reddit GMTO was a total mess. Boots were delivered waaaay behind schedule, at least a handful of them had construction errors, and one of them had a giant chunk of the toe of the itsahide sole fall off on the first wear.

Are you telling me that Dayton did another MTO and fucked up again?

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
A few people reported having some problems, though in fairness I don't know what percentage of the larger order they represent.
Some of the problems I've seen were so bad that they pretty much indicated that the brand is incapable of making quality boots. The fact that they'd let some of the things I've seen out of the workshop shows what little regard the workers have for the overall quality of the product.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the problems I've seen were so bad that they pretty much indicated that the brand is incapable of making quality boots. The fact that they'd let some of the things I've seen out of the workshop shows what little regard the workers have for the overall quality of the product.

Some guy had his boots remade and on the second attempt they welted the boot through the topsole over the leather sole.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
What IS the appeal, anyways?
This:

And then you have these bottom-feeders going to reddit every couple of weeks and asking for cheaper versions of it.

Dayton hasn't put out a boot as iconic since that wings+horns collab, and I don't think they ever will. I was dumb enough to buy into it, and the boot I ended up with was basically trash. I don't even wear it anymore.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

And then you have these bottom-feeders going to reddit every couple of weeks and asking for cheaper versions of it.

Seems unnecessary to call people who can't afford $500 shoes "bottom feeders." People often want more affordable versions of things they can't buy. I don't see anything wrong with that.

sklark23

Reaction score
This:

Dayton hasn't put out a boot as iconic since that wings+horns collab, and I don't think they ever will. I was dumb enough to buy into it, and the boot I ended up with was basically trash. I don't even wear it anymore.
Quite the switch from your review

Also blaming Dayton for the Itschide problem is the equivalent of blaming Viberg for the Itshide problem.

Both companies made it right by resoling. Ridiculous to blame them for sole problems.

Blaming them for a tannery problem is also a bit ridiculous (GMTO delay). Other companies has had problems with that. Companies that produce leather goods are limited by the supply they receive similar to how Viberg cannot make any copper task boot right now. Blame them for the construction and QC problems, not things out of their hands.

Construction complaints and raw material complaints would be valid. My first pair had terrible inseam stitch exposure, they resoled them and it was way better. The new pair of nubuck I bought, did not have an issue either. So they have definitely gotten better but no company is void of problems. I bring it up with every company. You weight your options versus what you are willing to pay. It may be worth it to someone else and it may not. Dayton still has problems no doubt, but so does every company.

I would prefer each person make their own opinion though. Follow their instagram, look up reviews, or look at boots manufactured since Feb of this year, or best is to handle them yourself. I have a pair I like but I am not going to tell you what to think, make your own opinion. But this is a divergence, let's get back to Viberg.

Last edited:

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF was Viberg thinking with this sole?

I personally like that look. Matte calf wouldn't be my first choice, but I gotta be honest when I say I would wear that boot confidently all day/night. It's a good looking boot, and the sole dresses it up ever-so-slightly and perfectly.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads