• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

buzzlulu

Reaction score
Does Viberg reply to emails? If they sell online one would think they would. I was interested in trying my first pair from their website and emailed on Monday - yet to hear a reply. Strange as if they have an ecommerce site one would think they would be interested in replying to potential customer inquiries in a timely manner.
I believe that someone from here works for them however I do not expect an email because of a posting on this site - that should not be necessary to elicit a reply

Joona

Reaction score
Does Viberg reply to emails?

Yes they do! Have you tried to send your email again? I received (a very helpful) response from Guy like 2,5 hours ago, so they've probably just missed your email or something. I believe I've said this before, but it still holds true so I'll just say it again.. Morgan and Guy have both been very helpful with all the questions I've had.

Last edited:

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like these a lot, including the toes! 2045 is a classic last in my book. Surprised we haven't seen more pics from this order -- thanks for posting these.

brandall10

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm starting to suspect my service boots are a bit too small for my feet.

Which is weird, as they felt just perfect out of the box, maybe even slightly large... it's a length issue which is now presenting itself as they're beginning to break in (8 days of wear now). Essentially, my foot is not 'snapping' in to the flex point, and it feels like it's riding up the front a bit. Still though I have about a half inch in front of my toes...

I'm an 8.5c Brannock and these are a 7.5. My arch measurement is actually more like an 8 and considering how many people size down at least a half it seems like I *should* not be having this type of issue. Anyone else experience this, did it go away w/ further break-in?

This is somewhat concerning as 1) I would regret having to sell these... could very well see rebuying them down the road and 2) I have some Brandy shells on order. Guy said it was fine to switch to an 8 for those being a pre-order... but I'd really prefer to nail my size down in these.

Last edited:

sleepy94

Reaction score

Hey guys,

Which is weird, as they felt just perfect out of the box, maybe even slightly large... it's a length issue which is now presenting itself as they're beginning to break in (8 days of wear now). Essentially, my foot is not 'snapping' in to the flex point, and it feels like it's riding up the front a bit. Still though I have about a half inch in front of my toes...

I'm an 8.5c Brannock and these are a 7.5. Anyone else experience this issue, did it go away w/ further break-in?

This is somewhat concerning as 1) I would regret having to sell these... could very well see rebuying them down the road and 2) I have some Brandy shells on order. Guy said it was fine to switch to an 8 for those being a pre-order... but I'd really prefer to nail my size down in these.

You would probably be happier in an 8. Or you could try wearing a thin dress sock. with an 8 you could also use an insole to take up some room width wise without affecting the overall length of the boot.
FYI I'm an 8.5 D on the brannock and have been wearing a 7.5 exclusively with dress socks. I wish I had gone with an 8.
BTW I think we tend to forget that our feet swell a bit during the summer months as temps begin to rise. So this may be more of an issue now than it was during the cooler parts of the year.

Last edited:

brandall10

Reaction score

You would probably be happier in an 8. Or you could try wearing a thin dress sock. with an 8 you could also use an insole to take up some room width wise without affecting the overall length of the boot.
FYI I'm an 8.5 D on the brannock and have been wearing a 7.5 exclusively with dress socks. I wish I had gone with an 8.
BTW I think we tend to forget that our feet swell a bit during the summer months as temps begin to rise. So this may be more of an issue now than it was during the cooler parts of the year.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give that a shot.

I live in San Diego so... :)

At this point I'm thinking an 8 w/ thick socks would probably be perfect for my foot structurally and volume-wise.

Last edited:

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

I'm an 8.5c Brannock and these are a 7.5. My arch measurement is actually more like an 8 and considering how many people size down at least a half it seems like I *should* not be having this type of issue. Anyone else experience this, did it go away w/ further break-in?

Sorry to hear this, that sucks. But yeah, the flex point is the most important part, and toe room is a distant secondary factor, if at all. A half-inch isn't very much room at all in front of your toes in a pair of boots. An inch is about what you should be aiming for, give or take some depending on where your foot falls in the boots. For toe room it's more important to make sure that none of your toes are being redirected by the front or sides of the boots.

The good news is that you can switch your Brandy sizing, and socks can do a lot to make sure you can wear them, even if you feel they're a bit too big. Much easier to salvage a pair of boots that is too big than too small. The other good news is that 'bergs are really easily sold mildly used, so in the grand scheme of things it's not as expensive of a mistake as it could be.

Grove

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, that sucks. But yeah, the flex point is the most important part, and toe room is a distant secondary factor, if at all. A half-inch isn't very much room at all in front of your toes in a pair of boots. An inch is about what you should be aiming for, give or take some depending on where your foot falls in the boots. For toe room it's more important to make sure that none of your toes are being redirected by the front or sides of the boots.

The good news is that you can switch your Brandy sizing, and socks can do a lot to make sure you can wear them, even if you feel they're a bit too big. Much easier to salvage a pair of boots that is too big than too small. The other good news is that 'bergs are really easily sold mildly used, so in the grand scheme of things it's not as expensive of a mistake as it could be.
1 inch space sounds too much to me. Most fitters and boot manufacturers recommend just one finger space.
Unlace the boots and push your foot forward so your toes just about touch the end. You should be able to slide your finger down inside the walking boot at the heel with just a little friction. If there is the correct amount of space and the width is OK but they are still uncomfortable it may be possible to adjust with different insoles and lacing techniques. Also remember feet swell throughout the day. which is why it's best not to do fittings first thing.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1 inch space sounds too much to me. Most fitters and boot manufacturers recommend just one finger space.
Unlace the boots and push your foot forward so your toes just about touch the end. You should be able to slide your finger down inside the walking boot at the heel with just a little friction. If there is the correct amount of space and the width is OK but they are still uncomfortable it may be possible to adjust with different insoles and lacing techniques. Also remember feet swell throughout the day. which is why it's best not to do fittings first thing.

Yeah, that's just way too little space, generally, especially with the 2030. Unless you have a super narrow foot with super long toes, your toes would have to be absolutely cramped, and pressed inward on both sides. I mean, people go back and forth on this all the time, but if you want to be happy and have pain free feet, and toes that properly point straight forward, you just have to ignore the concept of "too much toe room" and concentrate on width and flex box length. You also have to, sometimes, just accept that an E width boot like Vibergs, aren't always going to work for a narrow foot, no matter how much you want it to.

neilz4

Reaction score

Yes they do! Have you tried to send your email again? I received (a very helpful) response from Guy like 2,5 hours ago, so they've probably just missed your email or something. I believe I've said this before, but it still holds true so I'll just say it again.. Morgan and Guy have both been very helpful with all the questions I've had.

This is interesting. I saw this post and it have me hope, but I've emailed them twice now in the last two week (once last friday, once this morning) and still no reply. My boots have been updated as in customs for 5 days after being shipped on Saturday and it really need them to be here by tomorrow as I'm going on vacation and won't be at the shipping address. I'm kind of worried and want to possibly redirect the shipment.

Grove

Reaction score
Yeah, that's just way too little space, generally, especially with the 2030. Unless you have a super narrow foot with super long toes, your toes would have to be absolutely cramped, and pressed inward on both sides. I mean, people go back and forth on this all the time, but if you want to be happy and have pain free feet, and toes that properly point straight forward, you just have to ignore the concept of "too much toe room" and concentrate on width and flex box length. You also have to, sometimes, just accept that an E width boot like Vibergs, aren't always going to work for a narrow foot, no matter how much you want it to.

That's not a compromise I could make. Boots need to fit correctly both length and width otherwise I would pass/get rid. It makes absolutely no sense to me why anyone would pay premium prices for a pair of ill fitting boots unless they are a collector who doesn't intend to wear them.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's not a compromise I could make. Boots need to fit correctly both length and width otherwise I would pass/get rid. It makes absolutely no sense to me why anyone would pay premium prices for a pair of ill fitting boots unless they are a collector who doesn't intend to wear them.
I agree, however.... Quantifying what ill fitting versus good fitting seems to be the discussion here.
No person's toes go up in to the toe box all the way.
If the ball of the foot is at the correct placement, there is no argument about length, unless your toes are cramped in the toe box.
Look at some of the finer European pointier shoes.
If you expect shoes to fit like that you would probably have something "foot shaped" and funny looking like this: (Which none of us would likely live with)

neilz4

Reaction score
This is interesting. I saw this post and it have me hope, but I've emailed them twice now in the last two week (once last friday, once this morning) and still no reply. My boots have been updated as in customs for 5 days after being shipped on Saturday and it really need them to be here by tomorrow as I'm going on vacation and won't be at the shipping address. I'm kind of worried and want to possibly redirect the shipment.
An update on my situation: Guy emailed me back and let me know there's not much they can do about the redirection. I'll be curious to see what will happen with CP/USPS since the "Delivery Standard" is tomorrow and on CP's site it says to file a claim if the package misses the date. I'd rather just have it sent to a different address - Have any of you been in this situation and can offer me some advice?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads