• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stepped away for a minute and returned to see I had generated a bit of chatter. First, let me say that I am keenly aware of how special these boots are. I have been trying to pry them from @JayDotz for quite some time now. And yes, the shaft is unlined, which is a bonus that I was unaware of until I received them.

These boots are amazing. The shade of 8 is unreal and 10 eyes? Are you kiddin me???? As such, they move to the top end of my rotation, which means I would prefer something more comfortable than Dainite. Once I experienced ridgeway on my C2 caps, I have been unable to wear Dainite for anything more than a few hours. And the profile is pretty much the same as Dainite, so its not a tough call for me if I can find a cobbler that I trust. @jischwar suggestion of Wyatt and Sons works for me. The work they did on a pair of really nice cigar's was top-notch.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the conversation and insight.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only crepe sole I've had was Alden's and I didn't end up keeping them so I can't say fersure. It just feels like walking on a softer rubber. I find the harder dainite more jarring for my foot. It sort of feels a bit like a mini ripple on footfall? Maybe I'll walk around with LH on one foot and Minirip on the other and see how it feels lol.
Awesome thanks for the info. I’ve been considering getting lactae crepe sometimes but I have to be picky due to my flat feet.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stepped away for a minute and returned to see I had generated a bit of chatter. First, let me say that I am keenly aware of how special these boots are. I have been trying to pry them from @JayDotz for quite some time now. And yes, the shaft is unlined, which is a bonus that I was unaware of until I received them.

These boots are amazing. The shade of 8 is unreal and 10 eyes? Are you kiddin me???? As such, they move to the top end of my rotation, which means I would prefer something more comfortable than Dainite. Once I experienced ridgeway on my C2 caps, I have been unable to wear Dainite for anything more than a few hours. And the profile is pretty much the same as Dainite, so its not a tough call for me if I can find a cobbler that I trust. @jischwar suggestion of Wyatt and Sons works for me. The work they did on a pair of really nice cigar's was top-notch.

Please post the results when you get them back, I'd like to see an example of their stitchdown work!

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0626771C-242C-4F33-8CD7-9A238228501D.png

New Brooklyn Clothing makeups dropping soon

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please post the results when you get them back, I'd like to see an example of their stitchdown work!

I definitely will but full confession, I didn't think the Stitchdown construction was much of a factor because of it being Dainite. No doubt this is due to my ignorance but it seems as though the Dainite is more like a strip of rubber that can be easily removed and applied, regardless of construction. If I am wrong then its a moot point as I will likely bite the bullet send them to viberg. Like I said, I am keenly aware of how special these boots are. No way I risk doing any damage to them. Also, nice catch on the saddles. Believe it or not, both we're delivered on the same day. I couldn't stop humming Ice Cube, today was a good day.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha yeah I had asked a couple months ago and their lips were sealed. With the way Viberg is changing things I wouldn’t be surprised if these may be the last few SMUs we see. A couple stockists are pretty frustrated with the new limitations.
Ealdwine is getting SMUs, LostFound has some stuff coming, we've discussed DR and WF before in here too. Neil from S&S had a rough time getting stuff going, but in the end it worked out, but he's also been busy working on the Wesco X Maryam horsebutt stuff as well. I think the foldgroup, 3sixteen and kafka may be out of the Viberg game or considering leaving.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

FWIW, Ridgeway is produced by the Dainite company (Harboro Rubber) .

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really dig the unicorn, but I can't reasonably do a 7th or 8th black boot.
I feel you. I only have 1 black boot and I can't come to terms with getting a second black boot or remotely close to black, of course, the exception being Seidel's black oil-tanned r/o....which eventually I might hit up Truman and talk them into letting me spec out a pair to my liking.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel you. I only have 1 black boot and I can't come to terms with getting a second black boot or remotely close to black, of course, the exception being Seidel's black oil-tanned r/o....which eventually I might hit up Truman and talk them into letting me spec out a pair to my liking.
My hendricks are in the smooth side of that and they're basically tanks. Its a great leather.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My hendricks are in the smooth side of that and they're basically tanks. Its a great leather.
How do you like your Hendricks? I understand that Wesco uses celastic for their heel counters. How is the the feel and fit compared to leather counters used by Viberg and White’s?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads