• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Theloniouskase

Reaction score
I've never owned any Alden Barrie but my normal US size, sneakers, etc is 9.5. I own a pair of boots from Viberg on a 110 last in a size 8.5, they fit perfectly. Leffots, advised on their website to go down a .5 size on the 2030 last, advice I didn't heed to.

westie187

Reaction score
@ dpalaghiuc: those socks are awesome. where to buy?

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So ... my credit card (Chase Sapphire Preferred) ended up crediting my account for the amount I paid to Manufactum.de. They have 95 days to respond to my claim. Doubt they'd win since I have all the evidence on my side (tracking updates, emails exchanges, etc.). They can request I return the boots as well. But if I don't hear back from them ... I KEEP THEM FREE.

So up in the closet they go. Who knows, maybe they'll end up mine one day.

Lost the return shipping I paid for though since the postal service did their part. That's bullshit of Manufactum to refuse to accept my package though.

So ... just an update for anyone who was following my case here.

I ended up winning and the boots are mine. Fully reimbursed my card, debited the transaction from Manufactum's side and I get to keep the boots they wouldn't accept. Manufactum's since emailed me playing nice asking me to please return them and they'd really try to get them, but I have no incentive to. Not when it's going to cost me near 100 bucks out of my own pocket just to return the boots. I don't think so...

Yes, FREE Viberg Shell Cordovan 1940 Service Boots in size 8.

That said, I really love my 3Sixteen Andrew Stealth boots so will probably throw these Cordovans up on Ebay later tonight. Not gonna be greedy and price them around $600 (paid $900-something originally).

Crazy story, eh?

Last edited:

misterjuiceman

Reaction score

I ended up winning and the boots are mine. Fully reimbursed my card, debited the transaction from Manufactum's side and I get to keep the boots they wouldn't accept. Manufactum's since emailed me playing nice asking me to please return them and they'd really try to get them, but I have no incentive to. Not when it's going to cost me near 100 bucks out of my own pocket just to return the boots. I don't think so...

That said, I really love my 3Sixteen Andrew Stealth boots so will probably throw these Cordovans up on Ebay later tonight. Not gonna be greedy and price them around $600 (paid $900-something originally).

Crazy story, eh? 

I think I'd tell them it's theirs if they can reimburse you for all of the shipping costs that you've had to pay throughout this ordeal, and the cost to actually return it to them. I'd at least give them the chance to do that, and if not, I'd sleep just fine keeping those boots.

pitimespi

Reaction score

I ended up winning and the boots are mine. Fully reimbursed my card, debited the transaction from Manufactum's side and I get to keep the boots they wouldn't accept. Manufactum's since emailed me playing nice asking me to please return them and they'd really try to get them, but I have no incentive to. Not when it's going to cost me near 100 bucks out of my own pocket just to return the boots. I don't think so...

That said, I really love my 3Sixteen Andrew Stealth boots so will probably throw these Cordovans up on Ebay later tonight. Not gonna be greedy and price them around $600 (paid $900-something originally).

Crazy story, eh?

Are you size 8 on both the 2030 last and the 2040 last? The cordovan pair is on 2040 whereas the Andrew Stealth boots are on 2030 so I was just wondering.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you size 8 on both the 2030 last and the 2040 last? The cordovan pair is on 2040 whereas the Andrew Stealth boots are on 2030 so I was just wondering.

I wear an 8 on both. If anything, I feel like the Cordovans fit me ideally. But I can't get passed the shiny rounded appearance since I have pretty thin legs and I worry that they look like clown shoes on me with slim pants. Or maybe I'm just too picky.

The only difference I can feel, honestly, is a slightly more roomy toebox vertically on the Cordovans, it being a partially structured toe. And to be honest, I love it feeling-wise. But it also looks a bit more bulbous. I know the Andrew Stealths are also partially structured but they lean more toward unstructured the "new" way they've been making them.

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear an 8 on both. If anything, I feel like the Cordovans fit me ideally. But I can't get passed the shiny rounded appearance since I have pretty thin legs and I worry that they look like clown shoes on me with slim pants. Or maybe I'm just too picky.

The only difference I can feel, honestly, is a slightly more roomy toebox vertically on the Cordovans, it being a partially structured toe. And to be honest, I love it feeling-wise. But it also looks a bit more bulbous. I know the Andrew Stealths are also partially structured but they lean more toward unstructured the "new" way they've been making them.

I will take them. PM sent.

Joona

Reaction score
I have them and another pair on a 2030 last. They fit the same + I checked it from Morgan before I purchased my Manufactum boots.

edit: just checked the photo.. Brett Viberg have also confirmed on instagram that they are on 2030 last.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads