• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should never attempt French binding again. They should just paint the raw edges like they do with the 3sixteen stealth boots. But knowing viberg they’d probably hand paint them all racing orange
It would be done with artisan paints made specially for them by a soap company in the Adirondacks. Since the pigments would be hand extracted from shrimp shells and gnat testicles, color variations (like brown turning into orange) should be expected and are considered a feature.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly thought I would sell a couple of my old shell bergs to raise some funds and buy another pair down the line, but with the direction this is headed I think I'm better off holding on to the old ones... The heel counter is whatever to me, that shell will fade, but the binding will always look awful.

That shell will definitely blend in, and pretty much all bourbon I've seen has panel variation but it's also dependent on the angle. I have a video of mine where it looks like the panels are mismatched but then just turning the boot and changing the light makes them even and matched. However, the bourbon shell is going to darken and get browner with age while the binding remains... that same color.

orionz06

Reaction score
That doesn't bother me too much. I'll wear them and they'll match soon enough. The binding too. I just can't get excited one way or the other.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should never attempt French binding again. They should just paint the raw edges like they do with the 3sixteen stealth boots. But knowing viberg they’d probably hand paint them all racing orange

I thought the 3Sixteen boots are made with mill dyed CXL which are struck through.

ChemBoi95

Reaction score
Yeah don’t get me wrong I’m gonna wear them, but I was also a little annoyed with some scuffs right out the box. But from what I’ve seen on here that’s not out of the ordinary for viberg QC. A spoon and VSC will hopefully get those right out.

Attachments

• E16E338A-732F-4853-A478-5282793FBBC5.jpeg
    E16E338A-732F-4853-A478-5282793FBBC5.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 46
  • A7E34C3B-C243-4B8B-AE37-65C96DB5661D.jpeg
    A7E34C3B-C243-4B8B-AE37-65C96DB5661D.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 57

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird they would spend time doing that when they have mill dyed readily available since the Division Road black CXL uses it.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird they would spend time doing that when they have mill dyed readily available since the Division Road black CXL uses it.
The 3sixteen stealth have been around for a long long time, maybe the mill dyed wasn’t as available to them when they started production? ??‍♂️

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a response back from Viberg about the binding discrepancy on the Ivywoods:

"Thank you for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention. We're very sorry for the mistake. Unfortunately it would not be possible to remove the binding and / or put a new colour in. However, since we understand that this is not the exact product that was advertised, we'd be happy to offer you a prepaid return shipping label for you to send the boots back to us. We will process a full refund once they are received.

Let me know if this is of interest, I look forward to hearing back from you."

Kinda expected this response, but was hoping for a possible discount on these or promo code on a future purchase. Still haven't decided what I wanna do. I'll wait until my Bourbon pair comes in and make my decision then.

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Know it was just a wish but not sure why people would think Viberg would offer a partial return. Granted that the binding was an actual mistake, but could you imagine all the people that would request discounts for every little thing that went wrong - "scuffs", imperfections in leather, slightly mismatched panels, etc.

Really doesn't make sense from a business perspective - certainly there are many instances of legitimate gripes, but I've seen an equal number of nonsensical complaints that would just be a PITA to deal with.

Also, curious why partial refund keeps coming up in this thread. Literally never hear it about any other purchases on SF, but for shoes - it's seems like the defacto "man, this didn't come out exactly like I wanted - I want a partial refund". Other than a market for seconds, do people ever actually offer any partial return?

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Know it was just a wish but not sure why people would think Viberg would offer a partial return. Granted that the binding was an actual mistake, but could you imagine all the people that would request discounts for every little thing that went wrong - "scuffs", imperfections in leather, slightly mismatched panels, etc.

Really doesn't make sense from a business perspective - certainly there are many instances of legitimate gripes, but I've seen an equal number of nonsensical complaints that would just be a PITA to deal with.

Also, curious why partial refund keeps coming up in this thread. Literally never hear it about any other purchases on SF, but for shoes - it's seems like the defacto "man, this didn't come out exactly like I wanted - I want a partial refund". Other than a market for seconds, do people ever actually offer any partial return?

Ive been offered partial refunds from a few retailers when items have showed up with issues. Some being footwear, others being clothing items that for one reason or another needed to be returned. It hasn’t been many times but the few times I’ve had issues some retailers have offered discounts.

I’m not sure I agree that partial refunds in this case would open the flood gates. We all (most at least) expect scuffs, scratches and leather variations. In my mind those things are wildly different than preordering a $1300 pair of boots and them not getting the specs correct. Now if there is nothing else wrong with the boots perhaps Viberg has decided they will just take the boots back and sell them on .com..... But a partial refund also wouldn’t be crazy IMO.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know Allen Edmonds has issued gift cards along with a hand-written note expressing their gratitude and apologies when I have reached out to their CS regarding a Trunk Show purchase that they messed up on (wrong welt color). Now, do I expect that from any/all companies? No, but it is a kind gesture that is greatly appreciated and leads to brand loyalty if not for the simple fact that my concern was heard/addressed.

mykii2704

Reaction score
Boy that panel matching really helped tone-down the French binding lol. If Carmina and Alden can get this sort of stuff right, why can't Viberg even with the huge $400-600 premiums?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads