• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw it on Instagram.

Not sure if I can justify another pair, unless I go the zidezip route....

Not sure if I can justify the funds though. AHHHHHH

$100 usd non refundable deposit to book an appointment and 25% MTO fee over retail. I got a pair of Boondockers lined up with @grizzlygiant so it’s going to be expensive if I decide to go side zip route or mashroom roughout Chelsea..

jlchau

Reaction score
$100 usd non refundable deposit to book an appointment and 25% MTO fee over retail. I got a pair of Boondockers lined up with @grizzlygiant so it’s going to be expensive if I decide to go side zip route or mashroom roughout Chelsea..

Hmm. For the 3Sixteen one, they (3Sixteen) refunded the $100 after arriving at the appointment which was nice. Seeing all the leather swatches is awesome and overwhelming at the same time.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you DM or phone them for that?

Well. It’s pretty much once in a lifetime if you’ve ever wanted something... that said I’ll likely do one

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. So glad the sizing worked out. I don’t even wear my 110s in a half size down. :-D

Very awesome for you guys with the MTO opportunity in Toronto. About time on that one.

Does anyone on here also have Edward Green or JM Weston pairs as well? I’ve been trying to get some sizing advice on those threads with zero replies. I’ve also reached out to some retailers but they haven’t gotten back to me yet.

I’m on a time crunch with needing a pair to bring for travel coming up at the end of the month. I’m a 10.75 E brannock and I’m wanting a more rounded toe last. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have one pair of Edward Greens..had another I sold...I would say Edward Green round toe last isn't all that attractive. What model and last you looking at?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have the mushroom roughout Chelsea...it is friggin great boot...so much so I am selling my other Chelsea's including a pair of Viberg suedes as I do not reach for any other than the Shrooom!

gte872h

Reaction score
I have one pair of Edward Greens..had another I sold...I would say Edward Green round toe last isn't all that attractive. What model and last you looking at?

The Galway on the 64 last or the Dundee on the 58 last. They both use veldtschoen construction which is a plus. Not sure if I’d need an F width or if E would be sufficient. I’m assuming a UK 10 but not sure.

Honestly I’d like to pick up the J.M. Weston Golf or La Chasse first but it seems impossible to find sizing info in the US since they seem only popular in France or Japan. I can’t even seem to get the JM Weston store in NY to get back to me.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have the mushroom roughout Chelsea...it is friggin great boot...so much so I am selling my other Chelsea's including a pair of Viberg suedes as I do not reach for any other than the Shrooom!

What size are you selling?

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Selling a pair I got from the sample sale. Just don’t plan on wearing them a lot so might as well oop another fan. PM me for pics. Brand new. $400 shipped.

Viberg Service Boot
Black Chromexcel
Size 9.5
2030 last
No box.

trevorplease

Reaction score
Viberg messed up my MTO. Anyone specced these from rivet and hide? I’ll be trying to return it.
19AFA2B8-6C14-495F-BA0F-FDA29F6C1919.jpeg

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Galway on the 64 last or the Dundee on the 58 last. They both use veldtschoen construction which is a plus. Not sure if I’d need an F width or if E would be sufficient. I’m assuming a UK 10 but not sure.

Honestly I’d like to pick up the J.M. Weston Golf or La Chasse first but it seems impossible to find sizing info in the US since they seem only popular in France or Japan. I can’t even seem to get the JM Weston store in NY to get back to me.

I had the Leather Field Boot 64/F SZ 12 which is the Galway...i liked it but did not love it as I found the older Ridgeway sole a bit to stiff. It is def a rounded toe for sure..not the most beautiful rounded toe but nice enough. Currently I have the Galway 82/E in a 12 1/2 which fits perfect with dress socks but no way could I get a medium thickness sock in there. E is Wider than F for EG.

I wear a size 12 in all of my Vibergs. Also have Misc lasts from Alden, AE, Carmina, Vass, Truman if you need any other size references

trevorplease

Reaction score
@honestpanda
I asked for 3sixteens vintage mocha oil harness but got charcoal chamois smooth out. I asked no side logo but got that logo.. close but not close at all. Not for the price they’re asking

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics