• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but I literally just got these and am still within the return period for Manufactum. Granted, it's in Germany so there's those hoops to jump through... But I paid through the nose and would rather try to return them for a full return (minus Express Shipping).

You all really like these, huh? What am I not seeing.... ?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but I literally just got these and am still within the return period for Manufactum. Granted, it's in Germany so there's those hoops to jump through... But I paid through the nose and would rather try to return them for a full return (minus Express Shipping).

You all really like these, huh? What am I not seeing.... ?
I wasn't looking for a crazy deal just keep it in mind is all.

Yes, I like them very much. Have you owed other cordovan boots or are these your first? it is a different material so just curious

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really hope Viberg will build some shell cordovan service boots with lining. 2030 last, 310 last, 2045 last, all fine with me and I am ok with plain toe / straight cap / brogue, as long as there is no pinking.

Last edited:

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
I really hope Viberg will build some shell cordovan service boots with lining. 2030 last, 310 last, 2045 last, all fine with me and I am ok with plain toe / straight cap / brogue, as long as there is no pinking.
The pinking kills the cap-toe for me. I really hope they do away with that.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I just returned from the post office where I spent $75 to send them back.

What I noticed, with the sleek leather and lack of a top eyelet at the ankle cuff, you need to wrap the laces around the ankle to tie, but they easily slip up and off the ankle. Also, I've never felt such a thin tongue before. It almost felt like you could tear it. For anyone familiar with the regular tongues of the CXL boots, these were completely devoid of strength or structure and felt like a thin piece of shaved felt. I know it wasn't, just trying to explain.

And yes, it was my first Cordovan in an ankle boot. I own a pair of dress shoes in black Cordovan. I knew it'd be unlined and it knew it'd be thin, AND yes, it was super comfortable. It just felt "off" for me, like not what a boot should be. I've owned thin lambskin chukkas and those were my favorite. These ... they felt showy.

Looks like I need to wait and see what 3Sixteen is cooking with their Stealth version.

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pinking?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, I just returned from the post office where I spent $75 to send them back.

What I noticed, with the sleek leather and lack of a top eyelet at the ankle cuff, you need to wrap the laces around the ankle to tie, but they easily slip up and off the ankle. Also, I've never felt such a thin tongue before. It almost felt like you could tear it. For anyone familiar with the regular tongues of the CXL boots, these were completely devoid of strength or structure and felt like a thin piece of shaved felt. I know it wasn't, just trying to explain.

And yes, it was my first Cordovan in an ankle boot. I own a pair of dress shoes in black Cordovan. I knew it'd be unlined and it knew it'd be thin, AND yes, it was super comfortable. It just felt "off" for me, like not what a boot should be. I've owned thin lambskin chukkas and those were my favorite. These ... they felt showy.

Looks like I need to wait and see what 3Sixteen is cooking with their Stealth version.
sorry they didn't work out with you. I could have saved you $75 but so be it.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

If you are selling a pair of Vibergs how do you know know how to size them? There are dedicated places to sell and people can choose to look there if they want to. These threads are not the place for that.

If you decide you don't want those please shoot me a PM. They should be my size

sorry they didn't work out with you. I could have saved you $75 but so be it.

You could take your own advice.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But I'm on the fence. They're so thin and shiny, they almost look plastic-y. I think I prefer a more substantial boot, but the thicker raw edges of the black CXL leather is a bit much. I also prefer the unstructured toe and maybe a straight cap (but I could leave that).

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unlined shell is quite thin. Alden shell boots feel substantial because there is a leather lining and then another fabric type layer in between. I've held off buying a pair of vibergs because most are unlIned in the shaft area which i wasnt too sure on.

Joona

Reaction score
For what it is worth, at least my manufactum boots are actually pretty thick shell cordovan compared to others I own and have handled. I'd have to agree that the tongue on the other hand is quite thin and soft leather (it is not shell cordovan). I have not had any troubles lacing the boots around my ankles.

Last edited:

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though shell is thinner than HH, its probably still the more durable of the two. Personally I'd make sure any HH boots I buy are lined.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads