• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

loanshark

Reaction score
Idea for next GMTO

Engineer Boot
  • Natural Wax Flesh
  • 10" height
  • Partially structured toe
  • Cats paw heel, Vibram 700 half sole

Also it looks like my 14oz chukkas cleared customs this morning, but still no delivery date.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Idea for next GMTO

Engineer Boot
  • Natural Wax Flesh
  • 10" height
  • Partially structured toe
  • Cats paw heel, Vibram 700 half sole

Also it looks like my 14oz chukkas cleared customs this morning, but still no delivery date.

That sounds pretty tasty...though I don't care about the height

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Can you post more pics of those being worn? I am always concerned about the vamp and the way it looks...is that structured toe?

Thank you!

Raneleigh

Reaction score
These both look really nice. My 14oz shipment has been in customs for 9 days. Looking forward to getting these, if it ever actually happens. Anyone feeling like their GMTO Route 10s are redundant or want to trade for a pair of 14oz size 10 chukkas, I'm game. I really like the chunkier look of the Route 10s better than the 14oz pair that I have coming.

Customs for 9 days?! Wow, that's frustrating.
confused.gif

Raneleigh

Reaction score
So got my chukkas from 14oz! They must be an older style right? I assume they had them sitting around because they didn't even come in the usual grey box. They also had the orange Viberg tag that they don't use on "fashion" boots anymore.

Leather is very supple and tough. They REALLY look like icy mocha or even natural Cxl to me. Also- they come with a horween Cxl tag attached- though the box says ebony Essex. Maybe it's just another cxl color they don't use anymore?

Also, for the record, I never could have sized down .5 from my 2030 to these. I love the fit of the 110 - probably the most comfortable yet.

Have a look:

Yeah, I was a bit baffled by the box and tags too. Not sure that it means they are older - there could be a lot of reasons for it. But I can't figure out the leather at all. It very well could be a type of CXL that Viberg only got in a small quantity. We know that sort of thing happens.

I also could not have sized down - no way. They fit absolutely perfectly. The leather is so soft too, it doesn't even need breaking in. I walked in them all day long today and they are as comfortable as sneakers!

Graemsay

Reaction score
Those Bison Engineers look great. I'm tempted by a pair myself. Just waiting for the Hoppers to get here first...

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise on 1035 last sizing? Im usually between 11D and 11.5D depending on the last. Length is the issue more so than width. A comparison to TB would be most useful. Thanks in advance!

Aviv

Reaction score

Can anyone advise on 1035 last sizing? Im usually between 11D and 11.5D depending on the last. Length is the issue more so than width. A comparison to TB would be most useful. Thanks in advance!

Same as TB. I also have long feet so I need to make sure I get enough length. I'm the same in all Viberg lasts.

Aviv

Reaction score

Yeah, I was a bit baffled by the box and tags too.  Not sure that it means they are older - there could be a lot of reasons for it.  But I can't figure out the leather at all.  It very well could be a type of CXL that Viberg only got in a small quantity.  We know that sort of thing happens.  

I also could not have sized down - no way.  They fit absolutely perfectly.  The leather is so soft too, it doesn't even need breaking in.  I walked in them all day long today and they are as comfortable as sneakers!

I'm pretty positive they are old. Drew at Viberg couldn't tell me about the leather because the info was on an older software they don't even use anymore. The stitch down thread on mine has even yellowed some- I bet these were sitting around in the box for a couple of years. I'm sure if I nagged drew enough he could tell me when they were produced. I prefer the mystery of it all.

Agreed on how comfy they are. Wearing them nonstop- my first chukkas since Clarks desert boots years ago prior to any Viberg knowledge!

Raneleigh

Reaction score
I'm pretty positive they are old. Drew at Viberg couldn't tell me about the leather because the info was on an older software they don't even use anymore. The stitch down thread on mine has even yellowed some- I bet these were sitting around in the box for a couple of years. I'm sure if I nagged drew enough he could tell me when they were produced. I prefer the mystery of it all.

Agreed on how comfy they are. Wearing them nonstop- my first chukkas since Clarks desert boots years ago prior to any Viberg knowledge!

That's fascinating! I feel like we got some rare hidden gems! My dad and I used to make up stories if we didn't know the history of something. I think these were the most special chukkas Viberg ever made, using leather no longer in existence anywhere on earth. The leather was so rare, they don't even remember what it was. They only know they had barely enough to make just a handful of pairs. They didn't even have enough to make full boots, so they had to make chukkas with it. They were shipped to Germany where upon receiving them, 14oz. immediately recognized that the shipment of these rare chukkas must have been some mistake - they were supposed to receive some pigeon leather factory seconds. They were carefully tucked away - never to be sold, never to see the light of day. They knew the rarity and the value...priceless.

Sam was excited - this was his first day on the job and everyone had gone to celebrate the boss' birthday, leaving him in charge of the shop. It was a slow day and being the diligent fellow that he is, he decided to do some cleaning. That basement was the dustiest, so he started there. In the darkest corner, hidden beneath some dirty rags, he discovered a handful of old dusty boxes (Viberg's older cardboard style, not the new fancy gray ones) containing some old chukkas with yellowed thread. "The boss will be thrilled with me if I can blow these out!", he thought. He posted them online and even put them on sale! "I'll probably get a raise and a promotion for unloading this old cruddy inventory!" he said to himself! Immediately upon posting, they sold to 3 very smart and enterprising (not to mention quite handsome!) Styleforum members, who immediately recognized them as very special and exceptionally rare.

Sam was fired the next day. No one has seen or heard from him since. Two of the Styleforum recipients wore their new chukkas and luck rained down upon them! The third hasn't received his yet - they are stuck in customs.

Aviv

Reaction score
That's fascinating! I feel like we got some rare hidden gems! My dad and I used to make up stories if we didn't know the history of something. I think these were the most special chukkas Viberg ever made, using leather no longer in existence anywhere on earth. The leather was so rare, they don't even remember what it was. They only know they had barely enough to make just a handful of pairs. They didn't even have enough to make full boots, so they had to make chukkas with it. They were shipped to Germany where upon receiving them, 14oz. immediately recognized that the shipment of these rare chukkas must have been some mistake - they were supposed to receive some pigeon leather factory seconds. They were carefully tucked away - never to be sold, never to see the light of day. They knew the rarity and the value...priceless.

Sam was excited - this was his first day on the job and everyone had gone to celebrate the boss' birthday, leaving him in charge of the shop. It was a slow day and being the diligent fellow that he is, he decided to do some cleaning. That basement was the dustiest, so he started there. In the darkest corner, hidden beneath some dirty rags, he discovered a handful of old dusty boxes (Viberg's older cardboard style, not the new fancy gray ones) containing some old chukkas with yellowed thread. "The boss will be thrilled with me if I can blow these out!", he thought. He posted them online and even put them on sale! "I'll probably get a raise and a promotion for unloading this old cruddy inventory!" he said to himself! Immediately upon posting, they sold to 3 very smart and enterprising (not to mention quite handsome!) Styleforum members, who immediately recognized them as very special and exceptionally rare.

Sam was fired the next day. No one has seen or heard from him since. Two of the Styleforum recipients wore their new chukkas and luck rained down upon them! The third hasn't received his yet - they are stuck in customs.

rotflmao.gif
I have to come to LA later this year. Can we meet up and wear them at the same time and see if something special happens?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads