• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are a needlessly antagonistic dude. Like in 90% of your posts. For one, I recently polished them and did not quite do an even job. For two, I like the uneven character of the leather. The different panels of the uppers are subtly different even on each individual shoe. As for your passive aggression though, no one asked whether you could wear them - they ain't yours are they?

For one, you obviously don't even know what passive aggressive means. So I'd stop using that term if I were you. For two, you offer the excuse that you did an uneven polish job, then the very next sentence you admit you like the uneven character of the leather. So which is it?

Anyway, 90% of my posts are not antagonistic. Quit pulling numbers out of your ass.

And yes, I wouldn't wear them. You would. Great. But last I checked, everyone doesn't have to own things to be allowed to have an opinion. I mean, why'd you post them if not to share and hear feedback? Unless you're just that vain and think the forum exists solely for you to post things and no one can chime in. Welcome to democracy and free speech.

Aviv

Reaction score

For one, you obviously don't even know what passive aggressive means. So I'd stop using that term if I were you. For two, you offer the excuse that you did an uneven polish job, then the very next sentence you admit you like the uneven character of the leather. So which is it?

Anyway, 90% of my posts are not antagonistic. Quit pulling numbers out of your ass. 

And yes, I wouldn't wear them. You would. Great. But last I checked, everyone doesn't have to own things to be allowed to have an opinion. I mean, why'd you post them if not to share and hear feedback? Unless you're just that vain and think the forum exists solely for you to post things and no one can chime in. Welcome to democracy and free speech.

Case and point. If you don't think this is antagonistic, I bet you must think Donald Trump doesn't incite violence either. Your email to Viberg the other day is another prime example.

Passive aggression? You repost my original from a few pages back and instead of saying "your boots are uneven and ugly" you backhandedly remark "well I wouldn't wear those." Passive. Maybe YOU should check your sources, professor.

You didn't offer an opinion. You simply stated a fact. Again, in doing so you merely took a swipe at some other dude's shoes without actually saying anything else (passive aggression). By all means, offer your opinion in this democratic forum of freedom. But you should actually SAY something, rather than fill up space pointing out the obvious.

Are you an angry man?

Last edited:

Raneleigh

Reaction score
Ok boys, don't make me pull this car over...I will, I swear...I'll pull over right now!
nod[1].gif

Btw...my copper task roughouts don't match for some reason...one boot is a little darker than the other. I like it. Doesn't bother me at all. Leather is leather, it does it's thing.

jlchau

Reaction score
Thanks man, figured the 1035 may be borderline.

Could anyone else chime in re: 110 fit versus the other lasts? Mostly interested in forefoot width.

110 is wider at the waist and the heel. 1035 is almost like 2030, but the outside of the toe tapers more on 2030. I think if you like the 110, 2040 is better (the waist is still narrower than 110) than 2030 and 1035. Haven't tried 2045 but that should work for you as well.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: I wear all in the same size 2030,2045,2040,1035 and 110...2030 and 2040 feel the snuggest to me in the forefoot...for me the 110 is a touch loose in the heel which hopefully will breaking though I think if a service boot and not a chukka it wouldnt be an issue...

Anything specific in the forefoot you interested in? big toe side or pinky toe side? I have them all right here and could check specifics

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of no matching...look at the stripes on these puppies...though honestly in person it is not nearly as easy to spot

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Case and point. If you don't think this is antagonistic, I bet you must think Donald Trump doesn't incite violence either. Your email to Viberg the other day is another prime example.

Passive aggression? You repost my original from a few pages back and instead of saying "your boots are uneven and ugly" you backhandedly remark "well I wouldn't wear those." Passive. Maybe YOU should check your sources, professor.

You didn't offer an opinion. You simply stated a fact. Again, in doing so you merely took a swipe at some other dude's shoes without actually saying anything else (passive aggression). By all means, offer your opinion in this democratic forum of freedom. But you should actually SAY something, rather than fill up space pointing out the obvious.

Are you an angry man?

Ain't no passive aggression here, amigo. I didn't backhand anything. I said outright I wouldn't wear them because they're two different shades and I'm anal like that. How's that a backhanded remark? Believe you me, I'm pretty straightforward.

janoy89

Reaction score
110 is wider at the waist and the heel. 1035 is almost like 2030, but the outside of the toe tapers more on 2030. I think if you like the 110, 2040 is better (the waist is still narrower than 110) than 2030 and 1035. Haven't tried 2045 but that should work for you as well.

I wear all in the same size 2030,2045,2040,1035 and 110...2030 and 2040 feel the snuggest to me in the forefoot...for me the 110 is a touch loose in the heel which hopefully will breaking though I think if a service boot and not a chukka it wouldnt be an issue...

Anything specific in the forefoot you interested in? big toe side or pinky toe side? I have them all right here and could check specifics

Thanks guys, I tried 2030 and 2040, both are too narrow/low volume in the front.

110 width is great on the forefoot, small amount of rubbing at the big toe due to the slight taper but it should go away. I guess I'm wondering if how close 1035/2045 fit in width or volume? I can sacrifice a little room at the ball but not much.

dekalog

Reaction score
anybody happens to have a pair of Viberg English Tan Essex. want to know if the leather will patina to color orange or brown. is tan essex a little dark in color than natural essex?

stickydonk

Reaction score

Thanks guys, I tried 2030 and 2040, both are too narrow/low volume in the front.

110 width is great on the forefoot, small amount of rubbing at the big toe due to the slight taper but it should go away. I guess I'm wondering if how close 1035/2045 fit in width or volume? I can sacrifice a little room at the ball but not much.

1035 fits similar in width to 110 & 2045. In fact it is slightly longer than 2045 & 110. It's the only last i can size down half a size.

thisthingz

Reaction score

For me it really depends on the boot as well. There's a large amount of width variance within the 110. A pair has fit uncomfortably tight, and another has had plenty of room. The only one 2045 I've tried was significantly narrower than the 110 and was quite tight at the ball of the foot. If the 110 width is just enough, I'd doubt you would fit on the 2045 unless its a particularly loose/wide pair.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purefeetdetoxpatch