• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegetarian food that does not suck

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Tofu in the shape of Kwilk and Conne's small members.

K

My member is at least 3 times the size of Conne's. Not that we compared or anything.

I think a good vegetarian dish is gnocci.

sam

Reaction score
I cook vegetarian meals regularly. The trick is to start with hearty complementary vegetables (which I usually get from the local farmer's market). Zucchini with almonds, eggplant stuffed with mushrooms, red peppers stuffed with saffron rice, ratatouille, etc. I'll try to find some recipes.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Septavius
Miso soup.
This is basically the staple of my diet. I throw in chopped onions, potatoes,spinach, crack a couple eggs in and add rice noodles. Then I sprinkle with crushed seaweed and add a liberal dose of chili paste. edit: If you've datet Magician, he's probably made you this charming homemade meal and served it to you on an adorable matching asian ceramic set with chopsticks.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
edit: If you've datet Magician, he's probably made you this charming homemade meal and served it to you on an adorable matching asian ceramic set with chopsticks.

I can vouch for this statement, and it's quite good.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
The sandwich looks yummy. I love tofu, I could probably eat it everyday for the rest of my life.

You would grow ****, but that's a separate issue.

OP:
The two I's have got you covered. Italian and Indian. Both have excellent vegetarian food.

Paneer Bhurji and Aloo Gobi are great and pretty easy to make. On the Italian side - pasta and pizza to your hearts content. I've made gnocchi al pesto for vegetarian friends before, and it went over really well.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
indian food - I can eat 3 meals a day of indian veg for weeks and not get bored. much of it is available in a good supermarket in envelopes. best bets:

chili fry paneer
black dal
eggplant in various incarnations

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
You would grow ****, but that's a separate issue.

OP:
The two I's have got you covered. Italian and Indian. Both have excellent vegetarian food.

Paneer Bhurji and Aloo Gobi are great and pretty easy to make. On the Italian side - pasta and pizza to your hearts content. I've made gnocchi al pesto for vegetarian friends before, and it went over really well.

Would I really? Now thats extra tissue.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Butternut squash soup, butternut squash risotto, etc.

Chili cheese ettouffee with no crawfish or shrimp.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Eggplant parm is a classic, and very hearty, but of course a vegan wouldn't touch it.

You could also try a four cheese lasagna.

I have a killer vegetable soup recipe, but I sweat the veggies in bacon. Maybe you could swap that out for vegetable oil.

eggplant Parmesan is awesome, and **** vegans.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Would I really? Now thats extra tissue.

mmm... phytoestrogen... you also run the risk of lower sperm count, but the jury's still out on that one afaik.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hideki11
It's one of my favorite veggie food but I don't know how to do it and where to buy the recipes of this food.

I don't trust stuff that looks like meat that isn't actually meat.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I don't trust stuff that looks like meat that isn't actually meat.

I agree 100%. That is why I will eat vegetarian food that was vegetarian for a reason (e.g. Indian food, or foods from several Asian countries with a strong Buddhist influence, etc).

Food that pretends to be meat is very strange and I don't quite understand the purpose. Why would a so-called vegetarian want to pretend to be a carnivore???

"Oh, eating meat is murder, but hey, let's act like we're eating meat by having these veggie burgers!"

?!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics