• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegas recommendations for (mostly) food?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My grandparents go to the Wynn when they are in vegas and frequent a particular eatery. I forget the name, but they always rave about it.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
My grandparents go to the Wynn when they are in vegas and frequent a particular eatery. I forget the name, but they always rave about it.
That was heartwarming, but tragically useless Conne
rimshot.gif
Just kidding....why dont' you ask them which and report back? I'm sure they'd love to hear from their favorite grandson. My money's on Alex.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Vegas next weekend. I'm staying at Caeasar's, thinking about having a dinner at Bradley Ogden. We're considering Picasso as an alternative.

most_def

Reaction score
I'm going to Vegas the end of Nov - first trip there. I've heard Delmonico is really good so it's interesting to see that you guys think it's over rated. We might have to pass on that one. We're looking for 2 really nice dinners with awesome food. I'm going to look up Bradley Ogden and Picasso - never heard of them before. Anyone have any reviews on Tao?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
I certainly AM seeing TSO. If you would like to have dinner or hang out, let me know. It's an amazing show. This will be the third time seeing them. If you can get tickets, please do.

This brings up an interesting predicament. See, the show starts at 7:30 PM. When I get out, it'll probably be around 10 which means most restaurants are closed. And even the ones that aren't, I don't know how they'd feel about getting guests when they are looking forward to going home. I am staying at Paris and will be cabbing it everywhere. So that's more time.

So what should I do? Should I eat a way early dinner (at Mandalay Bay, where the concert is, or elsewhere) and then possibly be hungry after. Or should I starve until the concert lets out and then eat then (lots of places will be closed).

In the interest of time, it might be best to have dinner in the same hotel as the show (Mandalay Bay). The only restaurant I see recommended there is Mix and Burger bar. Are these good? Any other MB recs?

On a slightly related note: I only have 3 dinner nights (Sat-Monday) for relaxing nice dinners. Sunday is possibly a miss because of the time constraints (I don't want to eat a 2-3 hour meal if my show is at 7:30). The problem is I have L'Atelier del Joel Robuchon, Bradley Odgen, and Prime on my list. Of those, which should I eliminate if I had to get rid of a Sunday seating?

Thanks for the offer but my wife gave the thumbs down on TSO. I think we'll just do L'Atelier Joel Robuchon that night instead.

That 7pm show dining dilemma is one of the things that I hate. I really dislike eating early or having to rush through dinner. And there aren't that many nice places serving food late.

Stripsteak at MB is pretty good. The foie gras sliders are awesome.

Of your list of three, I'd eliminate Prime. The room at Prime is nicer but I enjoyed Craftsteak and Stripsteak much more foodwise.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zippyh - Too bad about TSO. I was going to ask you to let me know about L'Atelier but I'll probably be eating there too the same weekend. Haha.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zippyh - Too bad about TSO. I was going to ask you to let me know about L'Atelier but I'll probably be eating there too the same weekend. Haha.
I'll be eating at l'atelier for the second time this weekend. I can't wait. It is a vegas restaurant, so of course you are not getting Paris Robuchon, but I'd say if it were in NYC it would get a 26 for food and in Paris probably a 23. I'm hoping to order off the menu this trip, but the tasting menu was perfect for my first try.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For l'atelier, jacket is recommended, IMHO, but definitely not required. In the mansion, it is a must and the prices are much higher. The pricing for l'atelier....I believe I spent close to $200 on my last trip. I don't drink wine (allergies), but I had a number of bottles of Chimay Grande Reserve and at least one or two after dinner apertifs. Food before tax was probably about $125.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Please report back with details esp pricing and dress code.

Wife and I ate at L'atelier a couple months ago.
We ended up having more or less the same tasting menu as reported here.
http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?...post&p=1454641

Food was in the $120 per person range for the tasting menu not including wine.
I wore a jacket that night but it's certainly not necessary. Most men weren't wearing them.

Most of the seating is at a bar where you can watch the kitchen.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I got vetoed out on eating fine dining everynight. I was able to save L'Atelier so that's on Saturday night. The rest of the meals will be: Lotus of Siam, Mon Ami, Burger Bar, Bouchon, Wichcraft, and possibly Dragon Noodle (one more spot to fill).

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great list. Bouchon is a wonderful meal in the $50 - 75 range w/ a few drinks and dessert.

If you can pop into Japonais in Mirage, I highly recommend the Kani Nigiri as a snack.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads