1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Varvatos quality

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Crockett, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Crockett

Crockett Well-Known Member

I remember seeing topics about Varvatos on this forum before. Â Anyway, I was wondering if anyone thinks these boots are worth the price? Â If not, can anyone recommend a similar product for similar money? Â Varvatos boots

2. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

The Varvatos footwear I've seen tends to be more of a fashion/designer shoe (though many of the styles are classics), but the construction also seems great. Those boots are definitely worth the price IMO - nice looking shoe, and versatile.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I like the the styling of Varvatos footwear. I'd say that with a 15-20% off coupon (i.e. around the $200 mark), they would be worth the price. If you tell me your size, and are willing to wait a bit, I could probably spring you a similar Varvatos style for $200 or less. So could a lot of the Boston guys.

4. Crockett

Crockett Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for the advice, guys. LA Guy, I appreciate the offer, but after one of the coupons I had the price was right around $200.

5. petescolari

petescolari Senior Member

Of all the purchases I made prior to finding this site, my Varvatos boots I bought are about the only thing I am still happy with. I just had them resoled and I wish I could wear them year round.

Living in Boston this time of year I really take care of them and I am sure they will last me a few more seasons. I think those boots on Bluefly are great. For what it's worth, I wear a size 10 in AE, and I am a 10 in Varvatos as well. At 200, I think they will live up to your expectations.

6. Etruscan

Etruscan Senior Member

The price seems high (I routinely see Varvatos boots in Filene's Basement here in Boston, and never for more than $129.99). The quality seems very good, but I've yet to see a style that tempts me. If you like these (they are certainly handsome) and are content with the price, by all means grab 'em.