• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody should get the jacket in Wine

I might do it
peepwall[1].gif

js0930

Reaction score
I still regret not getting a TOJ in bottle green. So in for British Racing Green. :slayer: Any pictures of Vansons in that color?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Considering this project is being designed, not just made to measure from a template body, 6-8 months is a good time frame. Do you guys really want a super heavy leather jacket for the summer season? These things are warm

Venser

Reaction score
I'm kinda loling here at @sinnedk 's reaction to the wait time. Like, what could you possibly expect?

I'm a fan of more traditional colours myself, though.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Guys, we're creating a whole new body, prototyping it so that we can work out the kinks, and then sending it into production as MTO/MTM.  To put things into perspective, for a fashion line, from when the line is ready for the showroom (and at that stage, all the samples have been made, size grading done, etc...), to the stage when production is finished and goods hit the store, we're looking at a 7 month period.  We are doing the design (this is what this thread was for), prototyping, and getting the thing out, in the same time.  We are bringing you guys a jacket at a fraction of the price of fashion jackets of the same caliber, and that was designed with your participation, from one of the most storied motorcycle jacket companies in the world.  I can't think of anyone else doing this.  It's a pretty unique opportunity.

Yes, there are small outfits that can do a faster job, but they are either working on small scales, or have their production line configured to accommodate MTM/MTO, and unless you are there in person and have an experienced person to provide guidance, in person, like @Mr. Moo
was, and/or have a fair bit of experience designing garments, I don't recommend this route.  What @Thurston Bros
is offering to us is a jacket without compromise.  I mean, if you really want, you can upgrade the leather to something that is way better than anything that Junya ever used, and the total price will still be less than 1/2 of the Junya jacket, at the most favorable exchange rate.

I'm hoping that we can bring these jackets in for this coming winter season.

I understand everything that is going into the making of this jacket and am on board with it. All i was saying is that it would of been nice to set the expectation for a 6-8 month wait at the beginning of this project. I literally thought this would be like an aero with a lead time of 2 months or old toj lead times.

We are doing the design (this is what this thread was for), prototyping, and getting the thing out, in the same time.  We are bringing you guys a jacket at a fraction of the price of fashion jackets of the same caliber, and that was designed with your participation, from one of the most storied motorcycle jacket companies in the world.  I can't think of anyone else doing this.  It's a pretty unique opportunity.

This is exactly why i am so interested...

bokhan

Reaction score
That's amazing, can't wait!

No rush for me as long as it's ready for the cold weather. :slayer:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think we should raise the chest pocket a tad... @Vordhosbn1 was nice enough to show us how it would look!
Yeah, I would agree with that. Makes it more functional as well.

bokhan

Reaction score
Once these are made will they be a one time order or will we be able to constantly order them?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I'm down with this, tried the calf and lamb SLP rider and, while I loved the hardware and the cut is nice on me, wasn't a super fan of the leathers and certain specific design choices. Here I like everything except some hardware choices so I'll keep lobying for them :happy:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads