• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unimpressed with Canali on Bob Costas

lbcgav

Reaction score
Does anyone else think the suits that Costas has been wearing during the Olympics look like crap? They're supposedly Canali, but to me it looks like he's wearing a CK suit that's a size too big.

brlfvr

Reaction score
Last nights suit was especially horrible in both fit and color on him. Isn't there a stylist around?

lbcgav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
I would agree they have looked too big...

Besides being too big, the whole chest piece looks like it's lined with Kevlar.

mmhollis

Reaction score
Not to sound sexist, but the stylist was probably a woman. I really am gonna sound 40 years older than I am, but I'm getting a little tired of female associates and personal stylist who have NO CLUE about what they are talking about. I had a seminar on professional dress that my job put on and the presenter had NO CLUE what she was talking about. Sorry for the rant here gents.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Well it's hard for Canali to find a 34S pattern in their factory.

I think he orders his suits based on ego size, not actual size, hence the large fit on him. His shoes are equally atrocious and there were about two inches of space between his heel and the shoes last night. He looked like a kid playing dress up gangster with his dad's clothes.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I think he orders his suits based on ego size, not actual size, hence the large fit on him. His shoes are equally atrocious and there were about two inches of space between his heel and the shoes last night. He looked like a kid playing dress up gangster with his dad's clothes.

I feel like Costas always looks like this. It doesn't help that most men wear suits too big for them (like they are saving room in case they want to wear a sweater or something). If he wore ego-sized suits he would need Yao Ming's clothes.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lbcgav
Besides being too big, the whole chest piece looks like it's lined with Kevlar.

I'll have to look more closely next time.

Ouch. I actually like Costas as a TV personality but his ego is pretty damned huge. But the shoes, jesus the shoes. The pair he was wearing during his interview of Shawn Johnson and co. looked scary bad.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Um, nothing anybody had on compared to the monstrosities Karolyi had on his feet in last night's interview.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think those were traditional Khazakstanain shoes made of Yak suede.

Were they goodyear welted?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who here would have suggested Canali for Costas? His size and physique just don't seem a great fit for them. Maybe RL Polo, although they'd probably want to put a big pony on the breast pocket.
devil.gif
Lauer, as always, looks pretty good.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if he picked up a suit made on the mainland and was trying to rock it. the collar and lapels looked like ****

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads