• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that is Simon Crompton's Liverano coat on the left, then I think I am right in saying that the same tweed was used for this jacket he had made up by Elia Caliendo: https://www.permanentstyle.com/2014/02/neapolitan-tweed-jacket-elia-caliendo.html

PS had that same tweed recently rewoven by H&S, on account of it no longer being available, so there might be differences between the one he had made up and the one you now have? But others will know better I am sure.

Correction. Mine is actually HFW "cinnamon" 520141. https://shop.hfwltd.com/collection/24

You might consider this however as I think its very close to Simon's tweed. Probably even closer than the new H&S. I will post a couple pictures tomorrow.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some really nice selections here. I assume odd jackets for the bamboo and linen, suits for the other three in first photo?

Trousers or coat for the covert cloth?

Linen would be a suit and I'm still debating odd trousers or full suit for the covert.

Mr_natural78

Reaction score
Correction. Mine is actually HFW "cinnamon" 520141. https://shop.hfwltd.com/collection/24

You might consider this however as I think its very close to Simon's tweed. Probably even closer than the new H&S. I will post a couple pictures tomorrow.

I have the tweed from Simon already. It'll be a year or two before I get it made into a sport coat. The darker "bitter chocolate" from the current H&S harris tweed bunch is currently being made and will be done for this season. The cinnamon looks very nice as well. I think I have an obsession with tweed and woolen flannel.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be

Be careful with bamboo. I have yet to hear a tailor compliment that material.

Indeed the hand of the cloth is slippery, similar to super wools mixed with silk. Just the opposite to what we call a dry hand cloth. Let's see.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bamboo is essentially just rayon. Never had anything made up with it before personally but I would think a blend with wool and or silk would be a lot more substantial.

Mr_natural78

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of a cloth similiar in color as this? I'm looking for a greyed lilac color, greylac my wife calls this color range. This is from the holland and sherry south pacific linens bunch. This is a 40% Super 100's Worsted, 45% Linen, 15% Teclana blend. I'm not sure about the teclana in this. I'm not familiar with it and an internet search says it is a synthetic silk. I do not want anything with a shine. I would prefer something similar in color but 100% linen, or a linen/wool blend in a loose weave. This is for a summer sport coat I want to commission as soon as my tweed one is finished.

Attachments

• 00f9bd0f-5a08-41ae-aa88-96ceed52413a.jpg
    00f9bd0f-5a08-41ae-aa88-96ceed52413a.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 103

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of a cloth similiar in color as this? I'm looking for a greyed lilac color, greylac my wife calls this color range. This is from the holland and sherry south pacific linens bunch. This is a 40% Super 100's Worsted, 45% Linen, 15% Teclana blend. I'm not sure about the teclana in this. I'm not familiar with it and an internet search says it is a synthetic silk. I do not want anything with a shine. I would prefer something similar in color but 100% linen, or a linen/wool blend in a loose weave. This is for a summer sport coat I want to commission as soon as my tweed one is finished.
God bless you.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents! I hope all is well with you. Been a while as I have just about a full closet and life gets in the way sometimes.

I have some cloth that I don't really have a future need for so figured I'd put some up for sale to like minded individuals. It's some London Lounge overcoatings and a few other things.

What is the current process selling stuff on here? I know it was constantly changing so just want to be sure before putting something up.

Thanks in advance!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gents! I hope all is well with you. Been a while as I have just about a full closet and life gets in the way sometimes.

I have some cloth that I don't really have a future need for so figured I'd put some up for sale to like minded individuals. It's some London Lounge overcoatings and a few other things.

What is the current process selling stuff on here? I know it was constantly changing so just want to be sure before putting something up.

Thanks in advance!

Hey long time no see!

You've been away for a while and some things have changed here. The process for selling cloth here now is that you ship everything to me, and then I'll list it for you.

(jk, I think it's normal here now to post things on B&S. From what I've seen, it's also OK to say in this thread that you have some fabric for sale, but I think there are some rules around being too specific. Most people know to check B&S. Ed from Panta still does this roundabout way of announcing he has new cloth for sale, and I haven't seen anyone raise an issue. But you may want to message emptym, a moderator, if you want to be sure of the proper process)

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey long time no see!

You've been away for a while and some things have changed here. The process for selling cloth here now is that you ship everything to me, and then I'll list it for you.

(jk, I think it's normal here now to post things on B&S. From what I've seen, it's also OK to say in this thread that you have some fabric for sale, but I think there are some rules around being too specific. Most people know to check B&S. Ed from Panta still does this roundabout way of announcing he has new cloth for sale, and I haven't seen anyone raise an issue. But you may want to message emptym, a moderator, if you want to be sure of the proper process)

Thanks, Derek! Hope you are doing well.

Sounds like not much has changed...now I just need to find a bit of time to take photos and put up the posts!

Ergudmun

Reaction score
Hi, Long time since my last post.

Two commissions in the loop and relevant questions I'd like to air with the fabric gods:

1.Any experience with Hardy Minnis 3 ply fresco made up in a 3-piece? For a hardwearing 3 season (Norwegian that is) business suit.
2. Any good bunches or fabric recommendations for cavalry twill in beige-ish colors for fall/winter odd trouser? I am thinking of Tricotine from the Drapers Three kings bunch as an alternative- but no experience with this. 300g plus is preferred.

Any experience or tips would be appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teodor222