• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ :lol: "ya... ok then. ummm, I've got some dry cleaning to pick up."

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was in Ceasar's palace last week with some work collegues, and we saw somebody who is, I believe, called "dog", from a reality show about bounty hunters. I didn't know him, but one of the guys ran up and asked for a picture with him.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I was a little kid I was at a party and Karl Lagerfeld was there. I apparently screamed and cried upon seeing him, and I can understand why.
A couple of weeks ago Pierre Casiraghi punched me in the face, leaving a black eye for a whole week. To be fair, I already knew him, but it was funny regardless.

I don´t understand why you screamed and cried upon seeing Mein Kaiser Lagerfeld. He looks very good to me.
Can you tell us more about Casiraghi?

I can totally see how Lagerfeld would be scary to a little kid. He's tall, dresses like a vampire, has a foreign accent... sure. That's pretty funny.

What's up with you and a prince from Monaco? Like, how the hell do you know him and if so why is he punching you in the face? That's the part I don't see as funny but thank goodness you do! :happy:

Bassett

Reaction score
I was in a store years ago. After a while, I came to realize there was a man standing nearby wearing a veil. He just stood there for a long time. I noticed him. He looked back at me through the veil, as if being noticed was why he was there. Yes, it was Michael Jackson.

I was playing pickup basketball and this tall, athletic black man was on our team. He dominated every game, shooting from outside, taking it to the basket, rebounding, defense... He looked very familiar, and I concluded he was an NBA point guard. (NBA players occasionally played at this gym.) As we walked off the court together, I looked at him, and he just looked back with this look on his face that said, "Yeah, it's really me. In the flesh." All the other players on the court came up to him, shook his hand and said to him, "Love your work, Man." I wondered, does Scottie Pippen walk up to Michael Jordan and say, "Love your work, Man." He looked back at me with a look that said, "Yeah, it's really me. In the flesh." Then someone said, "Congratulations on your Oscar." I thought to myself, What NBA player won an Oscar? He just looked back at me with a look that said, "It's me. It's really me. In the flesh." Then I realized he was Denzel Washington. He just looked back at me with that look that said, "Yeah, this is your lucky day. 'Cause it's really me. Denzel Washington. In the flesh."

I had a temp job delivering office supplies at MGM's office building in Beverly HIlls. I was riding up the elevator with a young junior-executive type with a briefcase and dockers and a crew-cut. We made small talk until we arrived at the 9th floor, where the top executives were. I went my way to deliver post-it notes and pencils to the secretaries and he went into a meeting room with a bunch of bigwigs. When I came back through the lobby, all the women rushed up to me and gasped, "What was he like?" I said, "Who?" They sighed and said, "Tom Cruise!"

Another time, in the same store in which I encountered Michael Jackson, there was a man walking all over the store talking very loudly to various clerks. Like Michael Jackson, he didn't buy anything. He just walked all over the store, talking loudly, making everyone notice him. Alec Baldwin, dressed entirely in black, but no veil.

I was coming out of a doctor's office when a horde of people came racing past me, knocking me down. One of them looked down at me and explained, "It's Britney!" Further down the sidewalk I could hear them snapping their cameras and calling out, "Britney! Britney!"

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
okay your denzel story was weird..what was with that 'in the flesh' ****?

anyway, I saw Denzel walking along college street once haha I had just parked my car at my grandparents and was going to get my first tattoo. He was wearing a trench and a hat (in the middle of summer :confused:) but noticed me noticing him and smiled and kinda pointed his finger at me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads