• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truer words have never been spoken

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how is college ball not professional? or at least 'pre-professional'? the only real difference between college ball and professional ball is the college kids have less experience and don't play as well.
wink.gif
what's disgusting is the idea that you have to be unpaid to have any honor when doing sports.

Eric

Reaction score
To be completely sterotypical PHV is right, white people aren't usually the best boxers. I think it was Chris Rock that said the lower standards of living the better the fighter, he used this to demonstrate why Puerto Ricans can whoop up on black guys or something. Not an exact science by far, but pretty funny and generally true.

But Tyson is not much of a fighter these days, I bet half the white contenders out there would demolish Tyson as of late, he is WAY past his prime.

Eric

PHV

Reaction score
To be completely sterotypical PHV is right, white people aren't usually the best boxers.  I think it was Chris Rock that said the lower standards of living the better the fighter, he used this to demonstrate why Puerto Ricans can whoop up on black guys or something.  Not an exact science by far, but pretty funny and generally true.

But Tyson is not much of a fighter these days, I bet half the white contenders out there would demolish Tyson as of late, he is WAY past his prime.

Eric
A lot of the great boxers learned from experience. When you live in some of the god forsaken places that they come from, you have a better chance of developing a good instinct for fighting than a white boy who most likely came from more favourable circumstances.

Of course, a white person can still have very comparable pugnacious instincts as a black person, but let's also not forget that african american now dominate all the sports in North America besides hockey, and that is probably just a matter of time as well. Their bodies are superior. Get over it.

Eric

Reaction score
(Eric @ April 20 2005,12:18) To be completely sterotypical PHV is right, white people aren't usually the best boxers. Â I think it was Chris Rock that said the lower standards of living the better the fighter, he used this to demonstrate why Puerto Ricans can whoop up on black guys or something. Â Not an exact science by far, but pretty funny and generally true. But Tyson is not much of a fighter these days, I bet half the white contenders out there would demolish Tyson as of late, he is WAY past his prime. Eric
A lot of the great boxers learned from experience. When you live in some of the god forsaken places that they come from, you have a better chance of developing a good instinct for fighting than a white boy who most likely came from more favourable circumstances. Of course, a white person can still have very comparable pugnacious instincts as a black person, but let's also not forget that african american now dominate all the sports in North America besides hockey, and that is probably just a matter of time as well. Their bodies are superior. Get over it.
I think its tough to argue that black people are for the majority more atheletic than most other races. I'll give you that and I don't really see where I disagreed with you in the post you quoted. That said, Tyson sucks. Get over that. Eric

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think white people suck at boxing, socio economic circustances leave them with less motivation to pursue it as a career. But the boxers mentioned don't help relieve the belief. Golata was bum who's best punch was below the belt. The brothers aren't so bad. One ( I forget which) put up a very good fight against Lewis.

PHV

Reaction score
I don't think white people suck at boxing, socio economic circustances leave them with less motivation to pursue it as a career. But the boxers mentioned don't help relieve the belief. Golata was bum who's best punch was below the belt. The brothers aren't so bad. One ( I forget which) put up a very good fight against Lewis.
Ironically the one of them was put out of commision by Sanders, a white boxer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads