• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

ducky

Reaction score
I asked Richard if he had still this model in stock. For those interested, he has 2 pairs left in UK 7.5
Since Im UK8, he asked me to sound out the forum about potential other interested people for the exact re-run of the Eaton in Cipresso.

Any takers?

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody up for another GMTO?

Looking to do something similar to the LS Alden Pitt boots/Epaulet Shitkicker boots

Low Logger Style plain toe boot 4497 last
Black Shell Cordovan (Comipel)
Natural 270 flat welt with close heel
Dainite sole
Brass eyelets
Black calf bellows tongue

I was quoted 412.5 gbp by Richard at the Shoehealer.

Last edited:

Dino19

Reaction score

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I asked Richard if he had still this model in stock. For those interested, he has 2 pairs left in UK 7.5
Since Im UK8, he asked me to sound out the forum about potential other interested people for the exact re-run of the Eaton in Cipresso.

Any takers?

I could definitely be interested--this was on the 2298, right?

minthe

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm curious to see if there are women (or their special friends) in here who would be interested in starting a group MTO for a trickers shell cordovan boot.

Very curious.

Minthe

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi all,

I'm curious to see if there are women (or their special friends) in here who would be interested in starting a group MTO for a trickers shell cordovan boot.

Very curious.

Minthe

My gf would be interested in a pair

Zachy

Reaction score
Hi all, wanted to see if anyone would like to jump in on this order through shoe healer. There's 5 of us currently so only need one more, but I'll absolutely take everyone's info that wants to join. Specs are:

Model - ‘Robert’ plain derby shoe.
Last - W2298
Color - Black Calf.
Lining - Natural Calf Lining.
Eyelets - Brass
Laces - Black Laces
Welt - Barbour Welt in Natural Finish
Sole - Dainite Sole in Black with Leather Mid-Sole

Pretty basic but very limited sizes around. Let me know if you have any questions and PM me if you would like to join. Cheers.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am trying to orgnanize a GMTO through the shoehealer. They are raising the minimum for GMTO to 12 soon, so it will be more difficult to organize these later.

Right now I have 2 options that some people have expressed interest in.

1. Black cordovan Austerity Stow with brass eyelets, natural storm welt, black dainite, red lining.

Basically this in black shell cordovan with red lining.

http://leathersoul.com/2012/02/08/trickers-austerity-stow-lsw-lsbh/

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/tricke...ry/tricker-s-austerity-stow-black-calf-detail

2. Teak cordovan plain toe boot with brass eyelets, natural storm welt, brown dainite.

This boot with a plain toe and no pull tab.

http://imgur.com/a/c2wZt#0

If anyone is interested in either, let me know and we can get this going. We need 6 to get one going.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pricing confirmed with the Shoehealer.
412gbp (no vat for non uk) for cordovan GMTO which is about $645. That's a great price for a cordovan boot.
Delivery included in the price. Expected 12-16 weeks for delivery.

1. Black cordovan Austerity Stow with brass eyelets, natural storm welt, black dainite, red lining.

Basically this in black shell cordovan with red lining.

http://leathersoul.com/2012/02/08/trickers-austerity-stow-lsw-lsbh/

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/tricke...ry/tricker-s-austerity-stow-black-calf-detail

2. Teak cordovan plain toe boot with brass eyelets, natural storm welt, brown dainite.

http://www.shoehealer.co.uk/trickers/tricker-s-logger-boot-parisian-blue-cavalier-calf-detail

http://www.superdenim.com/brands/trickers/trickers-s-low-leg-logger-boot-beechnut-burnished.html

If anyone is interested in either, let me know and we can get this going. We need 6 to get one going.

cashewvine

Reaction score
Hello SF! I am starting this thread to get interested members in a GMTO for trickers.

This is the link to the reddit post.

Trickers GMTO require 6 pairs in the same width fitting with the exact same specifications. I am hoping that we have enough people willing to go in to do a run in a regular fitting (5). I'm not 100% on W2298 last sizing, but it seems to fit TTS and TTwidth, with a 1 size conversion from UK to US. It is a little generous in the width, but not by much in my experience. So a 10UK fitting 5 would fit well for an 11D US. If anyone has any other feedback, that would be wonderful

I am proposing an identical build to the Trickers x Superdenim derby.

Model: Robert
Leather: black Comipel shell cordovan
Last: W2298 last
Welt: natural storm welt
Sole: Dainite
Eyelets: blind eyelets
Lining: natural calf lining
Laces: black laces
Welt Stitching: white welt stitching
Other: midsole (natural)

Message me on Reddit (preferably) or StyleForum if you're interested. We already have 4/5 members committed so we only need a couple more!

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys -

I'm going to start doing GMTO Trickers shortly at Standard & Strange.

We've been discussing doing a pair of shell cordovan make-ups, one in black, and one in burgundy. The other colors of shell that Trickers had been using are off the table, as they've changed sourcing on their shell.

However: The price of shell in general has gone way up, and now the RRP in the US of shell trickers is going to be $1225.

Order mins are 12pr / fitting / style.

The two styles we're discussing:
Black cordovan, cap toe boot on the 4497s last
Regular lining
Black barbour welt
Black Dainite
Black eyelets

Burgunday cordovan, cap toe, 4497
Regular lining
Natural barbour welt
Brass eyelets
black dainite

rutabaga

Reaction score
What were the Superdenim cordovan boots just last fall not to mention the Shoehealer group buys on cordovan? I got my teak shell Trickers boots through Shoehealer a year ago for 650 USD. I think $1225 is going to be a tough ask.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads