• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What were the Superdenim cordovan boots just last fall not to mention the Shoehealer group buys on cordovan? I got my teak shell Trickers boots through Shoehealer a year ago for 650 USD. I think $1225 is going to be a tough ask.

Yeah, it's a huge increase, but that's where we are at right now, and that's with the GBP being down against the USD.

youtubs

Reaction score
That's a real shame, I was hoping to get in on a Trickers GMTO this year, but I can't with that much of an increase.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a real shame, I was hoping to get in on a Trickers GMTO this year, but I can't with that much of an increase.

Nothing against S&S, but if U stick w/ the SF GMTO program__ or get on Richard's [ShoeHealer] own collab/MTO, U can get way better deal ... sometimes, even better than walking into the Jermyn shop to get them
1f62c.png

What's the pricing looking like for other leathers?

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teak Allan: SF collab version

Looking @them as I do some crotch Sashiko =Sashicrotch on my 710s, I had to repost
1f62c.png

Now, they're a bit darker & less orangey ... Will snap a few when I get a chance.

F6659CD3-F23D-4193-8B64-F5691B92535F.jpg

D9E7468D-E179-4DEC-BD29-451CB658006B.jpg

Last edited:

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think at $1,225 you're going to gain any traction. I was just in the C&J store in NYC and their cognac shell boots sitting on the shelf are less than that. GMTO's through C&J for Horween shell are currently in the $730-$800 range (shoes to boots) so I think $1,225 must be a mistake of some kind. and even at those prices most of the GMTO's don't fill.

Last edited:

Flounche

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here.

Well i'm a trickers monkey boot lover and i found these magnificent monkey on Amazon JP. Unfortunately, they are sold out so the only way to buy them is to go trough an MTO order. I already sent a mail to Richard from ShoeHealer and the sad part is that single MTO doesn't allow more than 2 combinaison of material. So i need to find 5 more people to join me on this MTO and that's the good part to make 5 more people happy.

Well the specification is pretty simple. It's the exact model as below except that i want it in M6087 (9 holes) instead of M6077 (7 holes).

The fitting is regular 5402R (True to size) and the sole is a Dainite Sole in black ( The colour can eventually be changed )

Richard told me that it would cost aprroximatively 390£ RRP with VAT.

So if you want more information or if you want to join the MTO, please MP me :)

Thanks

Expat Simon

Reaction score
$670 or so for other leathers. The big price jump is due to the change in cordovan suppliers and the general cordovan shortage.

Any idea who they're changing to, to get their shell cordovan? There isn't much choice out there in terms of suppliers.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any idea who they're changing to, to get their shell cordovan? There isn't much choice out there in terms of suppliers.

Given they can only do black + burgundy and the price is going way up, I can only assume Horween

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That would be my guess too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads